Are you an accomplished E.A, looking for a congenial, collaborative environment with one of BC’s top employers? They offer an excellent working environment, awesome benefits and a pension plan too! They have been named one of BC’s Top Employers 12 times over for offering exceptional places to work, flexible work hours and earned days off, extended health and dental benefits, maternity and parental leave top-up payments, a pension program, in-house professional and leadership development, and subsidies for professional accreditation.
Reporting to the Executive Director of one of their busiest divisions, this position is responsible for providing the coordination and direct support for the department’s staff administration, and all other administrative support activities throughout the department. This position is the key focal point of departmental activity, therefore must maintain an efficient flow of information between the Executive Director’s Office, Directors, Department Managers and staff.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinates the development and preparation of fiscal year departmental budger
- Prepares purchase requisitions and related documents
- Liaises with Directors and Department Managers in forecasting costs and providing reports on expenses in their respective areas.
- Reconciles financial statements by tracking and maintaining invoices for all department operating and capital expenditures
- Conducts advanced searches to assist staff in retrieving information and documents and provides security access and permission to department folders
- Provides orientation to new staff of department records practices
- Maintains departmental library of books, reference materials, legislation, and manuals.
- Develops, implements, and maintains administrative systems, procedures and standards, including executive correspondence, templates, records management, and mail processing.
- Manages the department staff administration activities ensuring that organization charts are up to date, staffing requisitions are initiated; vacation schedules are maintained, etc.
- Manages the flow of information between the Executive Director’s office and respective departments
- Types, creates, formats and proofreads a variety of documents and materials using desktop tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Coordinates and organizes meetings and events
- Daily electronic calendar management for the Executive Director
- Manages travel arrangements
- Monitors, screens and directs incoming phone calls
- Initiates replies on routine and increasingly complex enquiries
- A minimum of three (3) years of senior administrative support experience in a large, high-volume office environment, as an executive assistant, with an emphasis on coordinating services, organizing meetings, composing and preparing correspondence, and managing the daily business of senior executive(s)
- Experience preparing and maintaining documentation, spreadsheets, and databases, MS Office) and 50 wpm keyboarding skills
- Experience and high proficiency in PowerPoint and preparing PowerPoint presentations as assigned.
- Experience with calendar and travel management and organization for a fast-paced senior executive office
- Experience providing financial services, including reconciling transactions, reviewing financial reports, preparing accruals, etc.
- Experience dealing with confidential and sensitive matters using sound judgement, tact, and diplomacy.
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in a related area (business administration, administrative assistance) is required.
A combination of training, education and experience may be considered; candidates with 3 years of recent experience as described above may be considered in lieu of educational requirements. Your current job title does not necessarily have to be an “Executive Assistant” but you should have proven experience at handling the responsibilities as outlined above.
Please send your resume to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.