The Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC, working with the five geographic health authorities to deliver province-wide solutions that improve the health of British Columbians. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Patients first • Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
Reporting to the Executive Director(s) and Medical Director if applicable, the Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative and secretarial support. Triages information of a sensitive and confidential nature, professionally represents the interests of the leadership and the organization, and communicates in a compelling manner to influence and persuade internal and external stakeholder at all levels. The Executive Assistant follows administrative policies and procedures and works independently and with minimal direction to balance priorities and workflow and meet timelines. Coordinates the flow of information, ensures accurate and timely delivery of administrative service assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, arranges travel and accommodation, provides project support, submits HR and Finance information, and maintains office equipment and supplies. PHSA Corporate - Talent On Demand Executive Assistant Reference
- Part time hours (0.80 FTE)
ASAP Burnaby, BC Duties/Accountabilities:
- Functions as the confidential liaison for the Executive Director(s) with internal and external stakeholders utilizing strong communication and persuasion abilities and an understanding of stakeholder needs. Responds to verbal and written communication directed to the Executive Director(s). Ensures the necessary flow of information while maintaining appropriate levels of security and confidentiality. Keeps the Executive Director(s) apprised of issues and activities.
- Functions as confidential liaison for the Medical Director where applicable with internal and external stakeholders for the outreach program and internal research grants, coordinates flow of information, ensures timely delivery of administrative service assisting in compilation of statistical data, budget development, processing and monitoring expenditures.
- Maintains an updated and accurate calendar for the Executive Director(s) by scheduling and arranging internal and external meetings and travel. Coordinates rooms, teleconference and videoconference meetings.
- Produces and maintains a variety of accurate and well-designed documents including spreadsheets, presentations, correspondence, expense claims, briefing notes, memos, minutes, and meeting agendas, utilizing a variety of software applications. Maintains readily accessible paper-based and electronic information files and archives.
- Works with Executive Director(s) to develop and maintain administrative and clinical policies. Helps to ensure all staff are aware of and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Completes and submits eForms for designated Leaders; processes timekeeping for assigned staff; and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources as necessary.
- Assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, authorizes expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensures invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Provides project support, researches information, tracks statistical data, and compiles and analyzes data involving new projects.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus five (5) years progressive related experience, including one (1) year at a senior level, preferably in a health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Ability to work with discretion in preparing and handling confidential or sensitive information, human resource requests and timesheets.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute
We invite you to apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now"
button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://careers.phsa.ca
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.