Position Summary EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT Job ID: 4012 REGULAR FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT:
($64,492 to $75,873.00 annually) POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the VP Strategic Business Operations & Performance, the Executive Assistant facilitates the flow of information between the VP, CEO's Office, Executive Committee, external stakeholders and other BC Housing team members. He/She/They undertake confidential and sensitive assignments, as well as special projects as directed by the VP. The Executive Assistant is responsible for resolving issues, bringing forward matters that require immediate action to the VP and responding promptly to the CEO's Office, senior management requests and enquiries from Stakeholders. He/She/They are responsible for managing team, consultant and travel budgets, expense management for the VP, planning and coordinating meetings, and maintaining relationships with a broad variety of stakeholders in fulfilling Branch objectives. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- College diploma in Business Administration or related discipline.
- Considerable experience managing the office of a senior executive in a large-multi-faced organization.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practices of managing an office for a senior executive.
- Sound knowledge of public sector work and the role of community service organizations with passion for BC Housing's mandate, the communities we serve, and making a positive impact though collaborative and inclusive partnerships.
- Sound knowledge of administrative and basic accounting processes and procedures.
- Ability to exercise judgement, diplomacy and tact in dealing with the varied day to day issues.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to liaise effectively with senior managers and facilitate the completion of various activities on behalf of the VP.
- Ability to assess issues, conduct research and prepare reports and correspondence utilizing various Information Technology platforms.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic work setting, managing multiple issues and projects, coordinate work with others, keep senior management apprised of major issues, with the ability to manage changing priorities.
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with internal staff and various external officials and stakeholders to ensure cooperation and good information flow between offices.
- Ability to be proactive, anticipate issues and present options to resolve them.
- Ability to apply lived experience that motivates and informs the work of BC Housing which includes serving people who are low-income, Indigenous, racialized, disabled, LGBTQ+, or other marginalized communities.
- Ability to maintain a sense of humour and calm demeanour in high pressure work environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, problem solving, time management and expediting skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint.