Hands in Service Canada – Is looking to Hire
An “Events & Fundraising Coordinator”.
Reports To: Executive Director - 30 Hours per week
The Events and Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for the oversight of all special events and fundraising projects which include our Touch of Christmas Craft Fair, Magical Night of Laughter comedy event, Charity Golf Tournament, Silent Auction events, Light it up campaign, raffles, and other events that may be added. Experience in web page content & design, social media & online marketing skills, will make you more valuable to this role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, schedule and execute individual events in conjunction with the Executive Director and in accordance to budgeted goals.
- Fundraise sponsorship for monetary and in-kind support.
- Directing of event timelines and associated staff and volunteer activities to ensure all elements of the event are delivered on time and in quality fashion.
- Track revenue, expenses, and budgeted forecast for all events (including hours spent on each event).
- Manage event volunteers including clubs and groups in the community.
- Orchestrate and execute event marketing and outreach, including mailing lists.
- Help plan and run pre-set and ongoing fundraising and program events along with new events.
- Maintain social media, website, and online event pages.
- Maintain website ‘shop’ selling tickets and other event items.
- Create and maintain online auction website.
Participate in post-event debriefing.
- Researching and communicating with potential donors & sponsors.
- Creating marketing and promotional materials.
- Maintaining accurate records of donors & sponsors.
- Organizing campaigns that will lead to significant donations.
- Managing volunteers to help fundraise, pick up donations and enter donor data.
- Maintain donation inventory.
- Follow up thanks and recognition of Donors and sponsors on social media and websites.
- The successful job applicant will have completed High School.
- Experience in an office or administrative role.
- Experience in sales, event planning or marketing an asset.
- At least one year of prior related experience.
- Excellent empathetic listening skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of WordPress website or desire to learn.
- Good understanding and experience with various Mediums of Social Media.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- A clear criminal record check, specifically in the vulnerable sector.
- Enthusiastic, kind, patient characteristics.
- Driver’s license required.
- Ability to carry up to 40lbs up/down stairs.
Why Should You Apply?
- You are in agreement with the Hands in Service Statement of Faith. ( see www.handsinservice.ca)
- You are collaborative, innovative, and dedicated to providing exceptional client services for disadvantaged community members.
- You are constantly seeking to grow and learn as a person.
- You have a desire to make a difference in our community and specifically with those who are challenged with Health and Mobility issues.
- You love creating exceptional events and implementing them with excellence.
- You want to be part of a dynamic, supportive, fun team.
- You have a team mentality – willing to help out wherever!
To apply for this position, please send your resume along with a cover page indicating why you would be a good fit with this role. Please include 3 references who can speak to your character and experience. Send to email@example.com by July 1, 2021