Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
We are currently accepting applications for part-time and casual/on-call Event Security Officers, Event Staff, and Medics to join our growing event team in Victoria. Supervisory, and team lead roles are also available. We have something for everyone! Shifts are typically in the evenings and on weekends, and would pair well with a full time job to offer some supplemental income. Some of the roles we are looking to fill are:
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Stage front Security
- Security Roamers
- Backstage and Loading Bay Security
- Access Control Security
- Security Supervisors
- Event Staff Supervisors
- Ticket Scanners
Our Event Team at event based facilities conduct regular patrols, perform bag checks and pat downs, provide impeccable customer service, first aid, and respond to incidents and emergencies as required. Events are a dynamic and fast paced work environment where things are constantly changing, and there are always interesting challenges to solve. YOU'RE A GREAT FIT IF YOU:
NICE TO HAVE:
- Provide exceptional customer service, with an exceptional smile.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Hold a valid First Aid/CPR certification or are willing to obtain.
- Are eligible to work in Canada.
- Are in need of supplemental income.
- Have prior experience with events and a valid security license, which are considered an asset. If not, you're in luck! We will help you acquire your security license and even pay for it.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills, including working under pressure.
- Strong Teamwork skills.
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information.
- Ability to pass a security clearance.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Flexible availability including weekends and evening shifts.
- Must be at least 19 years of age (for Security Positions) and have a high school diploma.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview. Please note that all interviews are being conducted remotely at this time, via phone, and/or video chat. LET'S GET STARTED!
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits PALADIN OFFERS YOU:
- Competitive wages
- Promotion from within
- Company-paid training & uniforms
- Benefits & recognition programs
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Sick Days
This job reports to the Jacqueline Macleod (Security Programs Manager)
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift