As our Event Specialist
, you will play a key role in driving Traction's culture by building and implementing internal and external Traction events including conferences, retreats, and happy hours (just to name a few). You'll work closely with Marketing, Alliances and Community (MAC) and other key stakeholders to ensure that every event you run is in line with Traction's culture and values. You'll help create a positive profile of Traction and Tractionites: resulting in stronger relationships with our customers, industry partners, and extended community.
You are a dynamic, adaptable problem-solver who loves planning and details; out of the box is your comfort zone! You value substance over image, relevance over style - but you still know how to make us look damn good. You pride yourself on your ability to take a shared vision and make it a reality. Most importantly, you are excited to grow in the event world and contribute new ideas for continuous improvement!
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build comnmunity
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done."Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they:
- Have 3+ years of experience with event planning and management
- Are flexible - hours vary depending on what's happening. In this role, no day looks the same.
- Are creative and resourceful - Making the most with the least. Creating the best experience for the least amount of time, money and effort, all with zero sacrifice on creating a positive impact.
- Can blow people's minds with fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Are organized - including excellent time management is key to being successful in this position
- Are great at spreading the word - Communications, both spoken and written, are essential to event success
- Can get around - your own vehicle is an asset
To land this gig, you need to have some experience with events BUT it doesn't have to be traditional event planning and management (internships, volunteer work, student or side projects count too). Don't believe us? We have a former mascot, a former helicopter mechanic and former runway model in our ranks.Responsibilities
While there's no such thing as a typical day-in-the-life for our Event Specialist, you will be responsible for:Strategy:
- Contribute to the overall Traction events strategy
- Use analysis of past recurring events to identify opportunities for improvements
- Work with teams to establish event themes, objectives and goals, assess alignment to Traction Values
- Research best practices at other organizations, network within field, and perform internal audits to gain further understanding and improve upon current meetings and events
- Develop and drive improvements to current internal systems for tracking event ROI and creating meaningful metrics
Communications and Execution:
- Event design, layouts, content development
- Create project plans and coordinate resources for major events that require internal and external resources for the development and execution (throughout life cycle of event), drive accountability on deliverables
- Vet and select venues and vendors, perform site visits, negotiate and review contracts
- Create full post mortem analysis of each event and present to key stakeholders
- Together with the Experience team and MAC team, develop and design on-brand, net new opportunities based on analysis of past event ROI
- Create and manage opportunities for Tractionites to be showcased within our local and global industry as thought leaders
- Full event day(s) execution
- Event administration such as Salesforce campaign and budget maintenance, coordinating with Marketing and Experience to ensure accurate budget reconciliations and cost-recovery
- Coordinate and create communications for event related resources (participants, workers, etc.)
- Support marketing team in creation of event and marketing assets and branding such as signage and communications
- Coordinate required travel bookings, shipments, and inventory management
- Ensure that events adhere to insurance, legal, health & safety obligations (eg. privacy obligations such as CASL, GDPR)
- Event takedown, cleaning, return shipments, contract and budget completion
- Campaign reconciliations
- Support with post-event communications, gathering of feedback
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll contact you for a phone interview.
- Create and execute the full life cycle of our annual Traction-wide cultural events (retreats, parties, Beer O'clock, planning event)
- Accountable for coordination, scheduling and communication for our internal knowledge events (meetings, webinars, lunch & learns, etc.)
- Contribute to community engagement by supporting Traction for Good initiatives and events
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Posted: October 15, 2018
Closes: December 14, 2018