ESTIMATOR for MACHINE SHOP: Harvey 1951
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Reviewing customer drawings and generating estimates using the Job boss Estimate Module;
- Authorizing Customer purchase orders as per the Contract Review Procedure;
- Reviewing completed jobs to assess actual times vs. estimates and adjusting manufacturing methods or prices accordingly;
- Updating estimates with routing request changes;
- Interacting with customers relating to questions about quotations and pricing (scheduling and quality inquiries to be passed on to the Shop Foreman);
- Responding to phone messages, faxes and emails in a timely manner;
- Phone and e-mail the customer when the Request For Quote is received, after the quote is sent out and a week later if the order was not received.
- Following the jobs through the shop and discuss with the foreman the estimated time and operations for the job so that the jobs run as planned.
- Calling the customer as soon as we know a job is going to be late and explain why and when they will get the job.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Bachelor degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or any other equivalent training
- Ability to read engineering drawing
- 1-2 years work experience
- Previous experience working for a machine shop
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/ tasks
- Sales experience is an asset
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on experience.
Posted: November 28, 2016
Closes:January 27, 2017