Estimator – Commercial TI Construction
Salary: $85,000 – $95,000
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are looking for an Estimator for a commercial tenant improvement (TI) design/build contractor based in Vancouver. If you know a great one, let me know. If you are a great one, call me today!
This company specializes in design/build commercial office space tenant improvements including corporate and medical facilities. With a focus on turnkey approach including assessment of potential lease spaces, interior design and construction management. Sustainable building practices including LEED standards are incorporated when possible to their TI projects. They help bring the clients vision for a space in to reality. This organization has created cutting edge office and commercial space in the greater Vancouver area. They taking on interesting projects (restaurants, trampoline park, gyms) as well as typical office TIs.
As the Estimator, you will begin leading a team with one other Estimator and collaborate the Project Managers, Superintendents and design-team. The Commercial TI bids will range from $250 - $2M. Some specific duties are detailed below:
- Maintain communication with subcontractors, clients, design stakeholders and vendors
- Prepares subcontractor bid packages and assist in the trade selection upon award
- Review drawings and site conditions to identify risks that the tender presents
- Develop quantity takeoffs including all labour & material costs from technical drawings, blue prints and site visits
- You may be asked to assist in the preparation of estimates for CCO for active projects
- Liaise with clients and external stakeholders regarding future business opportunities and represent company in the appropriate manner regarding future business opportunities
- 10+ years of Estimating experience in the Commercial new and TI industry
- Deep network of industry contacts including sub-contractors, clients and design stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of the construction process, material and labour costs and ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of non-estimating areas of construction and their importance in a bid price
- Comfortable estimating in a team setting
- Assets: Education in construction or engineering (diploma level or higher)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary: $85,000 - $95,000
- Vacation: 3 weeks
- Extended medical, dental & paramedical
- Phone allowance
- Tuition reimbursement plans
HOW TO APPLY:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume to: [email protected]
, or visit www.impactrecruitment.ca to apply online. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact Mark Fedyshen at 604-689-8687 ext. 248
for more information.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this particular role, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
RELATED INFORMATION & JOBS:
Construction Jobs - http://www.impactrecruitment.ca/building-jobs/
Further job opportunities and construction news: Follow me on Twitter - @MarkFedRecruits