Our Client has an opening for an Estimator and Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 5-8yrs experience in their Surrey, BC office.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for the preconstruction cost management of large-scale projects, as well as, multiple smaller projects. During the preconstruction phase, he/she will work closely with the owner, design consultant and project manager to prepare cost plans, undertake value engineering, complete cost saving exercises and develop the project budget.
The senior estimator will continue through the tendering sub-trade work ensuring that all aspects are effectively coordinated, meet the project specifications and are under or at budget. In carrying out his/her responsibilities, the incumbent will utilize open and honest communication with all parties, and work closely with the CEO, consultant, project manager and trade contractors to meet and exceed the expectations of each stakeholder.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Be a key contributor in the project development activities to secure the project.
• Develop and execute a project strategy that meets the project’s required performance, schedule and profitability targets. Meet or exceed these targets.
• Provide preconstruction services including the development of preliminary budgets, cost plans and value engineering exercises
• Actively participate in project scheduling activities including post-it note sessions. Ensure that preconstruction schedule is achieved.
• Work closely with the project manager, owner, consultants, suppliers and trades to identify, develop, implement and support cost-effective project delivery.
• Prepare and manage project budgets during the design.
• Ensure that constructability is address before sub-trade tendering
• Oversee the tendering and award of sub-trade contracts.
• Identify, address and resolve issues and problems as or before they occur.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with client, consultants, suppliers and trades.
• Contribute current cost and productivity information to the company data base
Who you are:
This position requires a mature, experienced commercial construction estimator with well-developed people and estimating skills and sound business judgment. He/she has a demonstrable record of success on large-scale projects, together with effective decision-making capabilities.
The successful candidate will be a university or technical graduate in quantity surveying, construction management, engineering or equivalent. He/she will have a minimum of 6 years of “hands-on” experience in the capacity of a senior estimator. This experience should include a full range of project delivery methods including lump sum, construction management and design build for projects $2M+.
Essential skill requirements include an analytical approach with the ability to conceptualize, as well as, sound decision-making and creative problem solving skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) along with a strong team orientation.
The individual will be a self-starter and possess a strong work ethic with a self-imposed desire to exceed everyday expectations. He/she will have a high degree of personal integrity and serve as a mentor to co-workers.
#23 - Ayogo - Leadership, Compassion & Persistence
About Chorius Corporate Solutions Inc.
CHORIUS is a Vancouver BC based Executive Search & Management Consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the small, mid-sized and large businesses. We assist Executives to make distinctive,...Read More