Requisition ID: 129932
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Scotiatrust Estate & Trust Consultant is a key member of the Scotiatrust team; providing clients with a premium wealth management experience. As part of an innovative team-based approach to wealth management, the successful candidate will work to deepen and strengthen client relationships by providing clients with customized, needs-driven solutions, leveraging the full suite of "Total Wealth" products and services. Proactively leveraging business development strategies, working in partnership, generating new opportunities to support a holistic approach to exceeding our client expectations and earning the business will be the key to your success in this role.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Deliver Scotiatrust's estate planning services and other estate and trust solutions to High Net Worth (HNW) Scotia Wealth Management clients, by:
• Partnering with Scotiabank & Scotia Wealth Management advisors to meet with HNW clients and prospects, creating a positive experience for the client and the advisor, adding value by providing estate and trust solutions by preparing high level estate plans and highlighting appropriate, needs-based estate planning strategies and solutions as well as other Wealth opportunities
• Delivering Scotiatrust's estate planning, trusts and philanthropic advice, including liaising with the client's lawyer and other external advisors
• Business Development; marketing and promoting appropriate Scotiatrust products and services. Recognizing opportunities for partners and clients for Total Wealth solutions such as financial planning, business succession, investments, private banking and insurance opportunities
• Develop and strengthen relationships and build new relationships with clients, partners, centres of influence, networking and other business development opportunities.
2. Play key risk management role by:
• Responsible and accountable for always doing the right thing for clients and ensuring that actions and behaviours drive a positive client experience while operating within the relevant policies and guidelines established for the role
• Supporting Scotia Wealth offices with technical expertise and staying current on industry developments
3. Contribute to the effective functioning of the team by:
• Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements.
• Building effective working relationships with various business lines and corporate function contacts
• Coaching and mentoring Associate Estate & Trust Consultants
• Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
• Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
• Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
• Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
• Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
4. Additional Accountabilities
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which their team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, which ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/AFT/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Skills Experience and Functional Competencies
1. Background and experience in estate, trust or financial planning
2. In-depth experience dealing with HNW clients and their advisors
3. In-depth knowledge and technical proficiency related to wealth and estate planning strategies such as insurance, tax, family and charity law ,and business succession
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
1. University Degree
2. Minimum 3 years wealth planning experience
3. Preferred member of STEP or other Trust Industry
• Work in a standard office-based environment requiring normal sensory attention. Ability to travel to meet clients within a designated region to achieve goals in a timely manner is required. The incumbent may be required to attend external client meetings outside of normal business hours. The incumbent may be required to work extended house, as needs dictate.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Consultant, Consulting, Finance, Contract
Banking, Finance and Insurance