Job Description: ERP Project Manager
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) provides trusted security solutions to the global market. Avigilon designs, develops, and manufactures video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions. Avigilon’s solutions have been installed at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers. Responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the IS strategy and roadmap by engaging with key senior business owners to understand, clarify and support strategic direction
- Confirm understanding of current business process, pain points and issues; identify how technology is enabling or hindering the achievement of business goals objectives
- Provide operational leadership in project management and business analysis execution and delivery
- Successfully deliver projects by conducting project management tasks including project scoping and planning, stakeholder communication and expectation management, organizational change management, team leadership including coaching to clarify assignments and deliverables, managing associated risks and issues
- Contribute to IS portfolio knowledge and makes change recommendations; lead technology research and assessments to identify business solutions for best strategic, functional and technical fit
- Successfully deliver business-aligned solutions by conducting business analysis tasks such as workshop planning and facilitation, business requirements gathering and documentation, user acceptance testing
- Contribute to the development of a project management and business analysis practice at Avigilon IT ensuring project plans are thorough and structured, requirements are clear, well understood and documented and that delivered IT solutions are traceable to documented requirements
- Maintains appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools
- Supports designated Business Partners by building and maintaining strategic relationships; facilitates regular meetings and keeping open dialog for all relative IT activities.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree or diploma in a related IT area or discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with successfully managing application projects, conducting business analysis, and overseeing quality assurance
- Proven ability to lead organization and business systems change from RFP / contracting through business solutions delivery by partnering with business, IT and vendor communities; Established track record in achieving target outcomes
- Adept in business/IT solution frameworks, proven methodologies / process models for initiative delivery
- In-depth experience with IT application domain areas and technologies, particularly ERP; A highly effective hands-on practitioner with clear track record of successful delivery and management
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience in producing BRDs, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, BPMs. Strong knowledge of BPM
- Some travel may be required
Perks and Benefits:
- Experience with SAP project development and terminology
- Experience with a technology and/or manufacturing company
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, medical insurance while travelling, and the opportunity to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
Perks at our Yaletown office include an outdoor basketball court and full service indoor gym, as well as excellent proximity to public transportation.