As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Ensure our paramedics have the supplies they need, sanitized equipment and safe vehicles, so our patients get "excellence in health, every time".
What you'll do
- Sanitize and process critical medical equipment.
- Restock supplies on vehicles.
- Perform and document vehicle checks.
- Receive goods.
- Maintain stockroom and work areas.
- Report to the Manager, Logistics and Projects.
What you bring
- Clean and decontaminate vehicles and equipment wearing personal protective equipment.
- Deliver and pick up medical equipment, restock stations, post Paramedic Service notices, and courier confidential documents, payroll and other documentation.
- Replenish stockroom and advise supervisor of reorders. Remove defective or expired stock from work vehicles and stock room.
- Receive, unpack and check incoming inventory; report discrepancies to supervisor.
- Remove garbage and soiled linens from ambulances and work areas and perform basic repairs.
- Assist with inventory checks, data input of inventory and re-orders into computerized system, Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we bring
- Grade 10 and related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- We are looking for individuals that have experience working in sectors such as tourism, retail, and manufacturing. If you have experience working in positions such as a cleaning and stocking attendant, housekeeping, cleaning, driving attendant, maintenance, stocking, replenishment, retail and as a airhostess this is a bonus.
- Ability to work 4-11 hours and be on your feet.
- A valid Class 5 vehicle licence.
- Able to communicate and deal effectively with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize your work.
- Able to carry out the duties, including wearing protective equipment and lifting 40kgs.
- Available to work rotating shifts.
- Can travel overnight
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Casual Part-Time (Casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice) or pre-booked).
$24.99/hour + 12.6% in lieu
BC Ambulance Service - Stn 315, 239 Clapperton Rd, Kamloops, BC V2B 1E4
Hours of Work:
Nights, Days, Evenings and Weekends - 07:00-15:00 Monday-Friday
132984EWhat we do
BC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS) provides provincial emergency medical care and patient transfer services. BCEHS is a part of of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
PHSA and BCEHS is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.