Job Description Summary
If you have strong Mechanical and Electrical/Electronic Troubleshooting skills, this role could be a great opportunity for you!
The Equipment Specialist is responsible for routine maintenance and calibration of laboratory, production, testing, storage, and monitoring equipment as required by STMCELL's quality system.
This person will also be able to troubleshoot, repair and diagnose complex equipment mechanical, electrical and/or electronic malfunctions, supporting the equipment qualification activities (IQ,OQ,PQ) along with other functions within the Facilities department and may be required to be part of the 24/7 equipment on-call emergency program.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing assigned work orders and document completed work, in a timely manner, as per internal guidelines.
- Assist and/or collaborate with fellow technical personnel within Facilities in completing complex repair or routine work.
- Execute equipment qualification (IQ,OQ,PQ) activities in strict adherence to the approved qualification protocols.
- Respond and address equipment call out alarms and report immediately to supervisor, or equipment specialists, major breakdown incident that can have potential impact to product quality.
- Support team members in addressing quality related compliance issues and provide improvement recommendations, corrective and preventative measures on problematic equipment and processes.
- Degree, or Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical and/or Electrical field with 6-10 years of experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry and a good understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA 21CFR 820.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and with ability to learn new software applications when required.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Operations and Logistics