Ensure our paramedics have the supplies they need, sanitized equipment and safe vehicles, so our patients get "excellence in health, every time".In this role, you will
- Sanitize and process critical medical equipment
- Restock supplies on vehicles
- Perform and document vehicle checks
- Receive goods
- Maintain stockroom and work areas
- Report to the Manager, Logistics and Projects
As the successful candidate, you will:
What you bring
- Clean and decontaminate vehicles and equipment wearing personal protective equipment
- Deliver and pick up medical equipment, restock stations, post Paramedic Service notices, and courier confidential documents, payroll and other documentation
- Replenish stockroom and advise supervisor of reorders. Remove defective or expired stock from work vehicles and stock room
- Receive, unpack and check incoming inventory; report discrepancies to supervisor
- Remove garbage and soiled linens from ambulances and work areas and perform basic repairs
- Assist with inventory checks, data input of inventory and re-orders into computerized system, Perform other related duties as assigned.
You can also
- Grade 10 and related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- We are looking for individuals that have experience working in sectors such as tourism, retail, and manufacturing. If you have experience working in positions such as a cleaning and stocking attendant, housekeeping, cleaning, driving attendant, maintenance, stocking, replenishment, retail and as a airhostess this is a bonus
- Ability to work 4-11 hours and be on your feet.
- A valid Class 5 vehicle licence.
What's in it for you?
- Communicate and deal effectively with others
- Operate related equipment
- Organize your work
- Carry out the duties, including wearing protective equipment and lifting 40kgs
- Work rotating shifts
- Travel overnight
Working with the Logistics Team you will:
- Be part of a driven and supportive team that is passionate about providing exceptional service.
- Be a valued team member in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Work for an organization that encourages ongoing professional development.
- Enjoy diverse responsibilities.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
About usBC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS
- Status: Casual (Casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice) or pre-booked). Shifts can range from 4-11 hours a day including nights, days, evenings and weekends depending on the needs of the department.
- Location: 3300 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC V8Z 3L1
- Wage: $24.99/hour +12.6% in lieu
- Closing Date: Open until filled
- Reference #: 019834E
provides provincial ambulance and emergency health services and is supported by the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA.)
PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence
and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.