Equipment and Supply Technician
BC Emergency Health ServicesEnsure our paramedics have the supplies they need, sanitized equipment and safe vehicles, so our patients get "excellence in health, every time
".In this role, you will
- Sanitize and process critical medical equipment
- Restock supplies on vehicles
- Perform and document vehicle checks
- Receive goods
- Maintain stockroom and work areas
- Report to the Manager, Logistics and Projects
As the successful candidate, you will:
What you bring
- Check vehicles and medical equipment before use by paramedics, including removing or rotating of defective equipment, and complete associated paperwork
- Clean and decontaminate vehicles and equipment wearing personal protective equipment
- Help with the repair of radio and telecommunications equipment
- Perform and report preventative maintenance on medical equipment including stretchers, stair chairs, scoop backboards, oxygen and suction testing, and glucometers
- Deliver and pick up medical equipment, restock stations, post Paramedic Service notices, and courier confidential documents, payroll and other documentation
- Replenish stockroom and advise supervisor of reorders. Remove defective or expired stock from work vehicles and stock room
- Receive, unpack and check incoming inventory; report discrepancies to supervisor
- Remove garbage and soiled linens from ambulances and work areas and perform basic repairs
- Jockey the fleet to and from service centers and, on occasion, to incidents. May jockey and/or deliver fleet throughout BC
- Assist with inventory checks, data input of inventory and re-orders into computerized system, Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 10 and related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A valid Class 5 vehicle licence.
What's in it for you?
- Communicate and deal effectively with others
- Operate related equipment
- Organize your work
- Carry out the duties, including wearing protective equipment and lifting 40kgs
- Work rotating shifts
- Travel overnight
Working with the Logistics Team you will:
- Be part of a driven and supportive team that is passionate about providing exceptional service.
- Be a valued team member in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Work for an organization that encourages ongoing professional development.
- Enjoy diverse responsibilities.
If this sounds like you, apply now!Status:
Casual (Casual is defined as on call with no guaranteed hours. Shifts can be called out via short call (1-5 hours of notice) or pre-booked). Location:
8530 Young Road, ChilliwackWage:
Open until filled Reference #:
091993EAbout usBC Emergency Health Services (BCEHS
provides provincial ambulance and emergency health services and is supported by the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA.)
PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence
and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.
Labor Agreement Facilities Subsector Requisition # 091993E-2337470 Work Site 8530 Young Road, Chilliwack Job Type Casual, Part-Time Salary/Rate $24.02 / Hour FTE 0.01 Hours of Work Various - Monday - Friday 6:00-14:00 Work Days Various Shifts - On-Call Basis Expiry Date 25-Apr-2020