Closing Date: December 8, 2022
Join a team of passionate professionals in a growing and technically exciting field to advance the objectives of Teck's Elk Valley Water Quality Plan!
Reporting to the Environmental Lead - Water Treatment, the Environmental Technician, Water Treatment (know at Teck as Technician, Water Treatment) is responsible for providing technical and data management support for our existing and forthcoming water treatment operations and projects. This role will focus on compliance sample planning, data management, regulatory and internal reporting, data requests, and data review and trend generation.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills who can liaise and communicate with other staff within Teck and with government departments. We require a detail-orientated individual who can organize and prioritize contending demands and thrive in a fast paced team environment.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to own your role and build relationships with the many teams working together to advance Teck's water treatment projects that represent some of the most advanced water treatment facilities in the world.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Facilitate environmental data entry, review and management
- Participate in and lead field investigations and inspections
- Contribute to contractor management responsibility to ensure work is being conducted safely and in accordance with the project scope
- Develop and review Environmental Protection Work Plans
- Adhere to environmental procedures and standardized protocols, and perform general quality control and quality assurance protocols for testing materials for conformity and compliance
- Manage and analyze data including conducting data QA/QC
- Drive continual improvement for data workflows and processes at water treatment projects
- Understand applicable permits and associated requirements and facilitate environmental education and compliance assurance at site operations
- Prepare reports and communications, including analyzing field and analytical data to draft technical reports and communications
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree or Diploma in an Environmental Science subject area
- Experience in the field of environmental compliance or monitoring in the water treatment or resource management fields
- Experience with environmental data management software and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite®, especially Excel
- Knowledge of environmental science, environmental engineering, biology, chemistry, water quality, water treatment, or fisheries is an asset
- Experience in water treatment would be an asset
- EQuIS and PowerBI experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Wastewater, Water Treatment, Quality Assurance, QA, Coal Mining, Engineering, Quality, Technology, Mining