is seeking an Environmental Scientist, Geochemistry
to join our team in Vancouver, BC
and help solve our mining clients' waste and water management challenges. We are looking for a safety-conscious independent problem solver with excellent critical thinking and communication skills. This is a full time position, and an excellent opportunity for a consultant with 2-4 years of experience with a Master's degree in Environmental Science or Geology with some related work experience.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform project delivery activities such as data analysis, writing subsections of larger reports, data collection and survey field work, and data and literature review
- Deliver project work within client's scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Collaborate with consulting staff in water resources, aquatic biology, and toxicology disciplines to develop their skill sets in environmental impact assessment.
Who We Are:
- M.Sc. in Environmental Science, Geology or related field
- 2-4 years of water quality, geology, or geochemistry related work experience
- Solid academic understanding of principles of aqueous chemistry or ML/ARD, ideally in a mining environment
- Fundamental mineral identification and water and rock sampling techniques an asset
- Familiarity with water quality models, e.g. PHREEQC or GoldSim
- Ability to code and complete statistical analyses with R would be an asset
- Ability to use three-dimensional core-logging or other geological software programs e.g., Geosoft Target would be an asset
- Ability to collaborate and function as part of a team engaged on large multi-disciplinary projects
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERMwelcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!