At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Contaminated Sites Environmental Engineer
to join our Environmental Remediation & Water
team on a full-time basis
. The position is based in Vancouver
. An overview of your role will include:
You will have a background in:
- Planning and executing site investigations and remediation at contaminated sites in British Columbia and the Yukon for clients from a wide range of sectors including mining, oil and gas, transportation, ports & harbours and government agencies
- Demonstrating a "Safety-First" focus and acting as a role model to other staff
- Preparing and adhering to site-specific health and safety plans to mitigate or eliminate risks to oneself and other Golder staff, client's personnel and the public
- Data interpretation and reporting, including integrating the contributions from colleagues into a high-quality project deliverable
- Developing proposals and scopes of work for our clients
- Applying the best available science and remedial engineering practice
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- A Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a relevant discipline such as environmental engineering, contaminant hydrogeology, or geology; we value a multi-disciplinary approach to our work
- 2-5 years of experience in environmental consulting in British Columbia using the Environmental Management Act and related regulations; candidates with transferrable skills from other jurisdictions, industry or government will also be considered if they can show how those skills translate to the contaminated sites regulatory process in BC
- An excellent attention to detail and problem solving abilities
- Strong data evaluation, report writing and verbal communication skills
- Passion for working in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Professional registration with EGBC
- Valid BC Drivers Licence
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Please note - As part of the hiring process, you may be requested to participate in a one-way video interview. One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 15 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, now a member of WSP, is a leading, global consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request. To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video. #LI-AA1