Closing Date: December 8, 2022
Join a team of passionate professionals in a growing and technically exciting field to advance the objectives of Teck's Elk Valley Water Quality Plan!
Reporting to the Senior Lead, Water Treatment the Environmental Coordinator, Water Treatment is responsible for providing operations and project support for Teck's existing and forthcoming water treatment projects.
To be successful we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills, who can build positive relationships and demonstrate diligence, integrity and environmental leadership. This person thrives in a fast-paced team environment and can prioritize and organize contending demands. Most importantly, we require an individual with outstanding analytical and decision-making abilities, who can identify and understand regulatory and environmental risks and find practical solutions.
Teck is advancing some of the most advanced water treatment facilities in the world. This is an exciting opportunity to make your mark on our projects, from the scoping and design and engineering phases through permitting and construction and into the commissioning and operational phases. In this role, you will work closely with our Water Projects, Regulatory Approvals and Water Treatment Operations teams.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Implement conditions and commitments associated with permit applications and management plans for new water treatment facilities.
- Develop and implement vital processes and procedures for successful operation of new facilities, including providing environmental support during pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Represent environmental and regulatory compliance perspectives in project hazard assessments (PHAs)
- Conduct project document reviews on applications, operational plans, engineering design documents and control narratives
- Develop, review and implement operational plans, management plans, best management practices, procedures and work instructions
- Coordinate sampling programs for baseline monitoring, support monitoring programs and ongoing operations, and review monitoring program data and consultant reports
- Manage and analyze data including conducting QA/QC
- Develop, review, and implement site specific compliance and environmental monitoring programs, data management systems and sampling and lab monitoring procedures
- Manage construction support including on-site audits and inspections
- Understand applicable commitments, permits and associated requirements to inform management decisions and actions
- Develop and provide environmental training to project and operations teams
- Manage contractors to ensure work is being conducted safely and in accordance with project scope
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree or Diploma in an Environmental Science subject area
- Experience in the field of environmental compliance or monitoring in the water treatment or resource management fields
- Project management experience with multiple environmental projects
- Technical knowledge of relevant environmental legislation, standards, and effective industry practices related to water management and resource development
- Experience with environmental data management software and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite®; especially Excel
- Knowledge of environmental science, environmental engineering, biology, chemistry, water quality, water treatment, or fisheries is an asset
- Experience in water treatment is an asset
- EQuIS experience is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Wastewater, Water Treatment, Compliance, Coal Mining, Sustainability, Engineering, Legal, Mining, Energy