Closing Date: June 8, 2023
Reporting to the Senior Specialist, Regulatory Approvals the Environmental Coordinator, Permitting is responsible for coordinating support to major permitting projects and obtaining non-major permits to maintain ongoing operations.
To be successful, we are looking for someone who can build positive relationships with internal staff, work closely with government agencies and collaborate with managers to identify issues and find solutions. This person will have an organized and proactive work style. The ability to coordinate the efforts of others to accomplish objectives is vital.
Join us in the beautiful Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate permit applications for Social, Environmental and Regulatory Approvals (SERA) of non-major projects and/or major mine development and water treatment projects
- Coordinate with project and operational teams complete applications, such as water licensing, approvals for in-stream works, effluent (air, water, refuse) permitting, permitting under the Mines Act; licensing to allow tree clearing and notices of work for access and drilling activities
- May be the key point of contact for all environmental permitting for mine-based positions
- Assist with the coordination of consulting teams including the scheduling and coordination of environmental baseline programs and reporting
- Coordinate health and safety requirements for implementing field programs, including spending time directly in the field
- Assist with preparation of management plans and Request-for-Proposals and proposal review processes
- Coordinate meetings and engagement events with government and First Nations
- Coordinate and track responses to regulatory review comments and information requests
- Provide technical, administrative and project management support for permitting projects, such as assisting with schedule, budget, scope changes, risk log and document control
- Prepare status summaries and schedule reporting materials
- Coordinate internal review and approval of project documentation
- Support transition of permit approvals to the mine operations team
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree or Diploma in Forestry, Biology, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Knowledge and experience with permitting under the following BC legislation is preferred: Mines Act, Water Sustainability Act, Environmental Management Act, and Forest Act
- Experience in working in project management; preparing and coordinating projects of various scale
- Strong digital literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite®, specifically Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Experience in environmental management, environmental assessment, or a regulatory field is an asset
- Experience with impact assessment work is an asset
- Experience supervising contractors and consultants in the field is an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Mining, Energy, Engineering
Construction, Mining and Trades