Closing Date: August 18, 2022
Reporting to the Lead, Water Management, the Environment Planner, Scientist or Engineer, Water Management (at Teck known as Environment Scientist or Engineering, Water Management) is responsible for optimizing water movement and maintaining compliance on site to support sustainable mining. The successful applicant will work collaboratively with departments at site and with peers at other sites to develop and implement water management plans.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong influencing and interpersonal skills, who can gain alignment with Mine Engineering and Mining Operations through outstanding relationship building. This person also has excellent communication skills and can interpret and present technical information with purpose to a variety of audiences, with the support of water quality professionals. Adaptability and a passion for developing and owning this role would be vital for success.
This is an exciting opportunity to integrate open pit mining with innovative water quality/quantity management on a dynamic operational level to support continuous improvement of our water management program! You will be key to ensuring the ongoing efficiency of our mining processes alongside advancing Teck's sustainability strategy.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work dynamically to integrate water quality/quantity objectives and best practices into mine plans and operational practices
- Oversee water movement on site, specifically dewatering to support permit compliance and efficient operations
- Support the sustainment of water quality/quantity data collection programs
- Optimize water quality/quantity planning processes, tools, and guidelines
- Support the development, and integration of RACE™ innovative ideas, and using technology to lead initiatives for sustainable development in mine planning and water quality management
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree or diploma in Engineering or Science, in environment, mining, civil, geochemistry, hydrology, hydrogeology, or other related field
- Minimum three years of experience in a relevant field
- Experience in project management and delivery
- Technical knowledge of federal and provincial mining water practices and regulatory compliance Experience in mining and water would be an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, Environmental Science, Compliance, Mining, Energy, Science, Legal
Construction, Mining and Trades