West Fraser is a leading forest products company, nominated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the eighth time. Our goals are simple – leadership through profits, responsibility in communities, excellence in people, strength in products. We a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Quesnel River Pulp division in BC, has an opportunity in:Entry Level Production
In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Quesnel River Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Successful candidates will start in a labour pool and train in several roles throughout the mill, including our Production Department.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work both in a team and independently
- Flexible availability to accommodate shift work
- Safety first attitude
- Computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Leadership abilities with a self-motivated personality
- Ability to balance competing priorities and work under pressure
- The desire to problem solve, learn, grow, and excel
The following will be considered strong assets:
- 4th class steam ticket
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate
- Mobile equipment experience
- Previous experience in an industrial process environment
- Grade 12 completion (GED)
The successful candidate is required to work different shift schedules as assigned, including nights and weekends.
Quesnel is a growing community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia and offers a close knit, friendly atmosphere with modern recreation, education and medical facilities, and excellent outdoor living opportunities.
Quesnel River Pulp, using a high yield mechanical pulping process, produces 1100 tonnes per day of thermo-mechanical and bleached thermo-mechanical pulp. We take pride in our safety record, our state-of-the-art effluent treatment system, the quality of our final product, and the cleanliness of our mill. We constantly strive to be an industry leader.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply by August 12, 2022 in confidence atwww.westfraser.com/jobs
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at:www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Manufacturing and Production Operations and Logistics