What's Bench? Check us out in Fintech Impact
, Perkins + Will
, Daily Hive
, BC Business
, our Instagram
, and our Blog.We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We're a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We've paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we've onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We're looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.What you'll be getting up to:At Bench, we really believe that people are everything, and our Associates play one of the most pivotal roles; providing the right mix of elegant and intelligent client assistance, and delivering bookkeeping for small businesses using our revolutionary software and app. Our Associates are directly responsible for helping our clients survive and thrive through monthly and historical bookkeeping. This is important now, more than ever.You'll maintain relationships with small business owners from various professional backgrounds and industries, both on the phone and through our proprietary bookkeeping platform. With or without an accounting background, we'll provide you with all the tools and training you'll need to be a highly successful Associate.
In a typical week, Associates will spend approximately 60% of the time completing bookkeeping tasks, 30% of the time communicating with clients, and 10% of the time in meetings or training. This varies team by team.A highly successful Associate looks something like this:
The extra details:
- Excited by numbers, simple math, or problem-solving, and are content with repeat, detailed work
- Articulate, your phone and written presence conveys confidence and charm
- Excited to build a global success story with us. Working for a start-up requires flexibility and resilience
- Data driven: if you're someone that thrives off of metrics, statistics, and quarterly targets then you'll fit right in.
- People-centered approach: you understand that people are everything. You're collaborative, optimistic and you listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions.
- A drive to make things better: You're not satisfied with "good enough", and nothing that needs fixing is just someone else's job. You love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement; within your own team, and across the organization.
- Startup hustle: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most
- Constant learning: A lot of the work you do will take place on Bench's custom-built software. Our platform contains a robust client dashboard where you'll identify what work needs to be completed for each of the businesses you work with, a series of tools that allow you to create journal entries, carry out adjustments, and work with financial statements, as well as a built-in messaging app to communicate with your clients. It's a lot to take in, and unless you own a small business in the United States, you'll be seeing it all for the first time. And that's okay. As long as you're someone who's eager to take on new challenges and quick to learn new concepts, we'll get you up to speed in no time.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
- We're looking to add permanent Alberta-based remote members to our team of Associates! We'll set you up to be working from home from day one.
- This is a full-time permanent position, because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self
- We offer an extended benefits package, including health, dental, and vision
- Worried about not having the experience for the role? Don't fret, we'll train you during our in-house Bench Operations Academy
Banking, Finance and Insurance