Enterprise Architect - Canada Drives
Canada Drives is completely changing the car buying experience ...for the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online!
This is an opportunity to join the team that is at the forefront of the biggest disruption in car shopping in our lifetime. Be an important part of building the technology that provides customers with a 100% online purchasing experience--from start to finish--including delivery right to their door! Experience some of this exciting technology in action at CanadaDrives.ca !
We are a growing, high-energy company with an ambitious technical roadmap to build exciting and innovative new products--read about us on TechCrunch !
This unique and unmissable opportunity can fast-track your career growth! We are firm believers in developing our own talent and promoting from within.
Come and realize your true potential at Canada Drives!
NOTE: This is a remote, full-time permanent, work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada. We will provide you with everything you need to succeed in your role.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) will oversee the technology landscape and strive to maximize investments in capabilities across multiple business units and products as well as facilitate the alignment between the overall company strategy with the technology adoption. This role will collaborate with multiple stakeholders and facilitate the decision-making on long-term technologies such as buying versus building capabilities or when to make tactical or strategic approaches.
The EA role will have the opportunity to create the Enterprise Architecture foundation and framework with a holistic technology strategy and clear principles and guidelines granting Agile Teams autonomy to design and to build technical solutions aligned with the overall IT strategy and plan. As the organization grows and the EA function matures, this person will be able to build a team of specialized architects based on different technology and product verticals. This role will have a focus on data-related domains helping the organization design a data management framework and governance, and a corresponding architecture to support such data ambitions.
Canada Drives expects the successful candidate will take the driver's seat to dramatically increase the reusability of technical components and become a data ally together with Analytics and Product teams in leveraging business applications, processes, and data.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish and own the Enterprise Architect framework, including its vision, strategy, and governance.
- Assess the current infrastructure, application and data landscape and outline the short and long-term plans for architecture.
- Define Architecture principles and guidelines and support technical teams on the development and enhancement of new capabilities.
- Provide guidance and support for technical and product teams on the day-to-day design of technical solutions.
- Be an ambassador of the Scaled Agile framework and ensure architecture helps the software development and release flow in Agile Teams.
- Leverage the existing capabilities and promote the development of reusable assets.
- Facilitate the buying vs building technology decision-making among stakeholders and advocate for the best long-term interests of Canada Drives
- Evaluate third-party solutions and facilitate technology selection processes including managing proof of concept initiatives.
- Own the entire spectrum of Enterprise Architecture, including Business Applications, Cloud Computing, Infrastructure and Data Management.
- Build and manage a data management framework and governance covering transactional and analytical systems and internal and external data sources
- Be aware of technology trends and innovation and foster opportunities to leverage emerging technologies to resolve business problems
- Work in collaboration with the Information Security Manager to eliminate security risks and vulnerabilities.
What you should already have
- Degree in computer science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in designing, building, and managing complex computing and data systems
- 3+ years of experience in Enterprise Architecture roles
- Certification in TOGAF or similar Enterprise Architecture certifications like Zachman Framework, FEAF or Gartner EAP best practices
- Good understanding of analytics, machine learning, and data integration technologies.
- Strong communication, organization, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with cloud computing, system architecture, strategy development, and enterprise solutions.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and teams.
- The ability to self-manage/self-start daily workload.
- The ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience in E-commerce, Fintech, and Salesforce
What's in it for you?
This is a truly exciting time to join Canada Drives and we are looking forward to doing great things together! We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package in addition to providing our employees with continuous training and development.
We currently have a team of highly motivated and talented IT professionals and the only thing we are missing is you. If you are ready to join an ambitious and growing company then please apply today and we look forward to hearing from you.