You have successfully designed and implemented information systems have supported the enterprise infrastructure of an organization. In this role, you will analyze system requirements and define system architecture to meet business needs including server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, hosting services and networking protocols. You will ensure that all systems operate at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies.
You will be a key member of the architecture team, drive technical ideas and communicate effectively with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
This role can be based out of Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton or Toronto. Come join our True Blue team today!
- Understand current state architecture, identify future needs and requirements and develop future state architecture
- Modernize the IT infrastructure environment to improve efficiency and reliability and create infrastructure roadmap and portfolio of initiatives to achieve future state
- Translate business needs into technology requirements and define infrastructure architecture framework, standards and principles
- Build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical infrastructure models and develop reference architecture to create and improve infrastructure systems
- Identify business improvements and undertake impact analysis and design modifications to existing infrastructure to support new solutions
- Support strategic initiatives to ensure that the organization is adhering to infrastructure standards and best practice, enabling consistent delivery and alignment with long term direction.
- Collaborate with internal and external personnel and provide expertise, determine project requirements and capabilities and strategize development and implementation timelines.
- Coordinate with project managers and business leaders regarding infrastructure requirements and create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure.
- Support solution architects to architect and deliver solutions.
- Research new technologies to determine which ones should be incorporated into the organization's infrastructure architectures.
Additional Information: Company Description
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Management; Master's Degree preferred
- Relevant industry certification such as TOGAF, Microsoft Certified System Engineer, AWS certified considered an asset
- 8+ years experience architecting, designing, and developing infrastructure solutions, including servers, storage, virtualization, kubernetes, DBaaS
- 8+ years of progressive information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support and SDLC processes
- 5+ years experience delivering large scale IT infrastructure projects with direct architectural accountabilities for execution and delivery
- Previous experience in capital intensive industries and prior exposure to a business or non-IT related role is considered an asset
- Experience with emerging technologies and translating new trends into potential use cases
- Proficient in ITIL strategy, network security, Network Components, Active Directory, and protocols.
- Possesses excellent knowledge and experience of various IT Infrastructure technologies (end user computing, hybrid computing, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), GitOps, Databases (including NoSQL), middleware, business continuity).
- Experience working in multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic IT infrastructure architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Sep 3, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada