Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the Provincial Government market? Do you have the business savvy, public sector experience, and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Are you passionate about the public sector (Provincial and Municipal Government specifically)?
AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is seeking an Enterprise Account Manager to help build the British Columbia (BC) market. The WWPS Canada Account Manager will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within these market segments.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market drivers and partnerships to target across BC, establishing those relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions in order to build long-term sales, business and marketing opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Help define and update the mission, goals, and success metrics for the BC public sector business and ensure it's in line with the overall business strategy.
- Work with the senior management to create a prioritized, tactical action plan to exceed revenue and strategic goals.
- Independently execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Independently manage complex contract negotiations, working with senior executives both inside and outside of Amazon and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Research and identify new opportunities for the BC Government including Crown Corporations, and including specific prospects/partners to approach with a technical value proposition for using AWS.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services and have the technical resources required.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 4-6 years of sales/business development
- Experience in the BC Government and Crown Corporations sectors.
- Ability to travel up to 30% within country.
• Masters Degree, preferably in business administration or related field.
• Experience driving sales and business development in the BC Government
• Experience working within the technology industry and working knowledge of web services technology and software development tools and technologies.
• Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
• Working knowledge of ICT strategy within the BC public sector procurement models.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Accounting Sales and Marketing