Position Title Enrolment Services Specialist Posting Number 00530SA Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level S - Pay Level 9 Salary Range $22.51 per hour (with increments to a maximum of $24.92 per hour) Position Type Support Staff - Temporary Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Temporary Employment Type Full Time Posting Category Staff Start Date 06/24/2019 End Date 09/20/2019 Day of the Week Mondays to Fridays Shift 8:45am - 4:15pm Work Arrangements
These temporary, full-time (35 hours per week) positions are available for the period of June 24, 2019 to September 20, 2019. The end date may be extended due to operational requirements.
Regular hours of work are 8:45 am to 4:15 pm, Monday to Friday; however occasional evening hours will be required.
Occasional travel between campuses will be required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Enrolment Services Specialist ( ESS ) is part of a dynamic team of professionals who provide client-centred, integrated front-line service, on a consistent basis, to a diverse stakeholder group. The ESS , as one of the first points of contacts at Douglas College, promotes the mission and values of Douglas College. The ESS will provide customers with information about college program offerings and services at Douglas College. The ESS is responsible for informing, implementing and ensuring compliance with policies pertinent to services provided by the Registrar's Office. The ESS is also responsible for processing a variety of student payments. The ESS processes and facilitates services provided by Admissions, Student Records, Assessment Services, and Academic Advising.Responsibilities
1. Provides initial front line contact service.
2. Facilitates the Admissions process
3. Facilitates the Academic Advising process
4. Facilitates the Assessment Services process
5. Facilitates the Registration process
6. Performs cashiering duties
7. Performs other related duties as required, such as:
a. Reviews student petitions of educational decisions to determine completeness. Advises student of deficiencies or missing information and provides advice on how to complete the petition.
b. Explains the student appeal, grade appeal and complaint process to students.
c. Analyzes and identifies systemic procedural barriers and recommends solutions to Supervisor or Manager, with respect to Admissions, Assessment and Registration policies and procedures.
d. Trains and /or guides auxiliary ESS staff.
e. Conducts comprehensive testing for Banner upgrades and identifies and documents problems/errors when appropriate and validates accuracy of system upgrade.
f. Undertakes projects as appropriate (e.g., assembling statistics, reviewing and revising procedures and manuals, etc.)
g. Participates in departmental special events such as Graduation and Orientation.
•Please see Link for Full Position Profile.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. Completion of a two year Diploma level program at a recognized public post-secondary institution and a minimum of three years' experience in a post-secondary environment with knowledge of a student information system environment including Admissions and Registration. Experience in sales or marketing or in an environment where building customer loyalty is important.
2. Excellent communication skills including a good working knowledge of the English language (written and verbal). Excellent listening skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to be flexible in adapting speaking style to people of various backgrounds and cultures. Ability to speak with confidence and authority.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively, assertively, diplomatically and tactfully both verbally and in writing, particularly when dealing with challenging or difficult situations.
5. Demonstrated ability to critically analyze, reason, problem solve and exercise sound judgment. Well-developed planning and organizational skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work as a team or independently, with a minimum of supervision, as well as ability to change priorities, work to deadlines, and make timely responsible decisions while maintaining high levels of customer service.
7. Demonstrated ability to work within an environment where there is a constant flow of enquiries, requiring attention to detail, endurance and stamina and the need to stay focused over prolonged periods of time.
8. Demonstrated ability to retain, organize, utilize and communicate a vast range of information regarding college programs and procedures.
9. Experience with, and knowledge of contemporary web-based communication applications (Email, Elluminate, Facebook, Twitter, SMS , etc.)
10. Demonstrated ability to function in an environment where professionalism, confidentiality, and sensitivity are of primary importance.
11. Proven experience with accounts receivable and cash management process and procedures using the most up-to-date practices and accounting principles. Experience processing cash, credit, debit, and other methods of payments accurately. Experience closing and balancing daily reconciliations. Knowledge and understanding of PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance protocols.
12. Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional client-centred service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.
13. Good working knowledge of routine office systems and procedures such as filing systems, administrative control systems, inventory procedures, as well as standard forms of business communication.
14. Good working knowledge of office equipment such as printers, scanners, and faxes and keyboarding skills at 40 wpm.
Link to Full Position Profile http://tinyurl.com/Enrolment-Services-Specialist Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 05/24/2019 Close Date 05/31/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online by May 31, 2019. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
All candidates selected for interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts or bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/4409
Administrative Operations and Logistics