We're looking for an Engineering Co-Op!
Are you ready for a challenge? Our engineering team at Drop is looking for a Co-Op student who is willing to go all in. Drop’s working environment is fast, dynamic and a great balance between rewarding and demanding. We don’t just need your skills; we need your effort and dedication.
Co-Op students working for Drop will be exposed to a multitude of different aspects of manufacturing, electrical or Civil work. Your daily duties as a Co-Op student may include and are not limited to the following:
- 3-D or 2-D modelling in SolidWorks or Autodesk
- Production of professional quality drawings
- Analysis of designs and drawings
- Cost optimization for projects
- Material sourcing and acquisition
- Supervision of the team for projects you are spearheading
- Assisting the team on your projects. (You will get your hands dirty)
Co-Op students at Drop get to dive head-in to projects, and take charge of them from start to finish through a well-supported environment of Engineers, Technologists, Technicians and highly dedicated and skilled work colleagues throughout the organization.
- 1st year or higher engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical) related studies in a post-secondary institution
- Available for 8, 12 or 16 month Co-Op term
- Strong work ethic, punctuality
- Drafting and design experience
- Good literacy for the interpretation of drawings
- Team work
- Field experience is an asset
- Understanding of where the Kootenays and Nelson is!
- Life experience is an asset (got any cool stories?)
The Drop Group of companies includes Manufacturing, Development, Design, Marine and Non-Profit divisions. Our 35000 square foot facility located near Nelson, BC is fully equipped with the entire gamut of manufacturing equipment. Our 40+ person production crew has the full range of skills from precision machining to fabrication and welding. Our engineering team is very closely integrated into the production crew, forming a cohesive unit that is optimized for quick decision making. Things move fast here: your drawings from the morning could be made by the afternoon.
Comradery is a by-product of this integrated work atmosphere, but also an essential part of Drop’s DNA. Being a part of the Drop team means being a part of our family.
Your cover letter and resume will not be considered if they do not make us smile. Tell us about that time you ________________!
(Applications can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates with cool stories will be contacted directly.)
#66 - CGI – Find Your Community, Curiosity and Courage
About Drop Manufacturing
Drop is a high end manufacturing company located in the Kootenay's with a complete array of CNC manufacturing equipment in a state of the art manufacturing facility and office space. We manufac...Read More