is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER WSP
is currently seeking an ambitious, dynamic and innovative Engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group, located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Senior Director, Structural Engineering, Buildings this position will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to take innovative design solutions from proposal stage through to constructed projects for clients in a wide variety of Sectors. This role will include a significant client facing component where either an existing network, or the ability to grow industry networks will be considered important. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in and sometimes lead the identification and subsequent winning of strategic company opportunities. Leverage existing networks and develop new relationships to support and advance the winning of this work.
• Maintain and building industry networks through participation in formal and informal events and interactions.
• Perform engineering calculations and assessments for steel, concrete, timber and masonry structures, under the supervision of a Senior Project Engineer.
• Approach all projects with curiosity and innovation through a client centric lens.
• Demonstrate strong capabilities in seismic design, as well as intimate knowledge of both the BCBC and NBC
• Perform such calculations using advanced finite element modelling tools
• Advance the notion of computational design and interactions between graphical and analytical structural models
• Interact with other WSP Canada offices to ensure national alignment
• Manage and coordinate projects with clients, architects and other disciplines as necessary
• Write technical reports
• Oversee preparation of detail drawings, sections and standard details, and ensure quality adherence
• Occasional travel within Canada on occasion for business development, site assessments and site support;
• Conduct site inspections, condition assessments, reporting, specifications and proposals
• A proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, both in the work environment and in developing designs
• Other duties as assigned/required QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Structural Engineering
• Registered Professional Engineer would be an asset
• 6-10 years' experience in Structural Engineering
• Computational design skills, and particular strength in the following software - Etabs, SAP2000, RAM and/or Robot. Familiarity with Dynamo, Grasshopper etc, considered a bonus.
• Design experience on a variety of project types including the private sector, commercial, retail and/or hospitality, as well as institutional, healthcare, transportation and light industrial
• Display a value adding attitude through dynamic, innovative, pro-active and disruptive thinking within a solution driven environment.
• Dedicated team player with strong people skills, empathetic mindset and service excellence. VALUE ADD
• Prepared to challenge the status quo and promote the unconventional. Design the Future.
• Brave enough to fail
• Patient and respectful to listen, and hear the thoughts of others
• Bold enough to speak their mind and voice opinions in a constructive manner
• A proactive problem solver who takes initiative
• Drives and thrives in a collaborative environment
• Is curious in everything we do
• Passionate about our art, and has fun
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.