Canfor is one of the world’s largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
As a world leader in the forest products industry and one of BC’s Top Employers, Canfor is undertaking a global transformation to position itself and the industry as a place where talent can grow an amazing career in an environment that allows them to achieve their individual purpose.
As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Capital and Energy your mandate will be to support the execution of Capital projects and Canfor Pulp Ltd.’s Quality Control program. Your responsibilities will include ensuring Corporate Standards and Regulatory requirements for Mechanical Equipment/Structural Steel are implemented at all stages of Capital projects. This dynamic and challenging position offers the benefits of a four day work week and the opportunity to work in an organization committed to safe and environmentally responsible practices.Specifically, the QA/QC Engineer will be responsible for:Capital Program Support
- Ensure Quality Assurance of larger projects as per Contract Terms, Contractor’s BCSA "A" license, API 650 & 653, and Manufactures ASME/CWB licenses.
- Conduct inspections of major equipment purchases at manufacturing facilities.
- Develop recommendations for corrections of non- conformances.
- Audit contractors and shop QC programs.
Corporate BCSA Pressure Equipment Contractor "A" License
- Develop Inspection Test Plans with Project Teams
- Execute Quality Control activities under BCSA Contractor "A" license for maintenance and small projects. Includes:
- ITP development;
- Communication with BCSA,
- Review and approval of external contractors repair plans and ITPs
- Co-ordination and communication with internal departments
- Field inspections.
- Maintain manual updates.
CWB Structural Steel 47.1 Certification
- May include acting as the Quality Control Manager as identified in Quality Control Manual.
- Support CWB Foreman under CWB 47.1 Certification
- Administrative Leader for CWB Structural Steel 47.1 Certification
Mechanical Engineering Duties
Complete Structural Steel inspections using Level 1 inspector credentials.
- Design repair procedures and minor alterations for Pressure Equipment and Tanks.
- Lead Fitness For Service reviews.
- Act as technical lead on relevant projects.
- Complete in-service tank and pressure vessel inspections.
- Co-ordinate in-service inspections.
- Support Risk based Inspection Programs lead by Reliability Teams.
- Coordinate NDE inspections during turnarounds.
- Project development and implementation as required to support the capital plan
- A Degree in one of the following
- EIT’s will be considered providing certified as P.Eng within 4 years or less
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience required
- CWB Level 1 Inspector with ASME B31, ASME Section VIII Div 1, CSA W59, or API 653 Endorsement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Hiring for this position is on-going. Please apply today! Prince George, BC
- Work experience in Pulp or similar process related industry would be a strong asset.
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George offers an affordable quality of life. Prince George is home to the University of Northern British Columbia, which is known as the "Green University". This city was also the Official Host of the 2015 Canada Winter Games. This region’s temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!