is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable CRANBROOK
WSP is currently seeking for a Project Engineer for our Infrastructure group. This position is based in our Cranbrook office, reporting to the Branch Manager, Infrastructure. This position will be responsible to work on municipal projects with a focus on public and private clients involving water and wastewater systems, storm water management, municipal roads and land development . RESPONSIBILITIES
• Preliminary and detailed design of civil works for water supply systems, sanitary sewers, and stormwater systems including linear works, valves chambers, and pump stations;
• Construction services including site inspection and MMCD contract administration ;
• Client management;
• Proposal development; and
• Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
• An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
• Minimum of 4 years' progressive experience with a mix of design, project management and construction experience ;
• Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in EGBC is required;
• Experience in construction management, production of contract documents, and the contract;
• Previous success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing ; and
• Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. #LI-K
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Construction, Mining and Trades