Closing Date: May 29, 2023
Are you interested in guiding a talented plant operations team committed to maximizing plant performance and efficiency, while maintaining quality specifications?
Reporting to the Senior Engineer Supervisor, the Engineer-in-Training or Engineer, Production is responsible for working with plant operations to reduce bottleneck and resolve daily issues at the processing plant. This role predominantly consists of field work and operates on a 4x4 schedule rotation of 12 hour day shifts.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with outstanding leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills who can motivate others. This person is an organized self-starter, who is adaptable and can prioritize demands in a fast-paced team environment. This person has strong attention to detail and exemplifies a passion for continuous improvement.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it is biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support and empower supervisors and operations crews in achieving operating targets and share responsibility for operational key performance indicators
- Troubleshoot the urgent and short-term issues in the plant affecting throughput, yield, and efficiency
- Develop strategies and operating practices to improve process efficiency
- Focus priority on identified issues through work control and break-in management processes
- Maintain production analysis and reporting, and hold plant performance meetings with operations, maintenance, and engineering teams
- Perform root cause analysis on processing issues
About Teck Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
- Degree in Mineral Processing, Chemical, Metallurgical Engineering, or equivalent
- Eligible for registration or registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC); Teck will support eligible employees with their EGBC registration
- Minimum of five years relevant industrial experience
- Demonstrated understanding of behavioral change management principles
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Engineer, Curriculum, Metallurgy, Mining, Engineering, Education, Science
Construction, Mining and Trades