If you’re an expert on hiring and coaching people reentering the workforce and want to work to improve the lives of others, then DDA has a career for you. We are looking for an experienced Employment Specialist to join our expanding team. This role may be tasked with providing transitional support to employers and job seekers and with educating community organizations about how and why a diverse staff is important for success. Come see what we’re all about. Go to www.develop.bc.ca for our latest blogs and then connect with us on social and say hello! Facebook: @dda604 Twitter: @dda604 Instagram: @developdda
JOB TITLE: Employment Specialist | #1478
SERVICE AREA: Vocational & Day Services
START DATE: February 1, 2022
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Flex Time // 37.5 hours per week (flexible hours)
HOURLY WAGE: $28.39 as per collective agreement
The Employment Specialist provides pre-employment counselling, job coaching, education and advocacy support to adults with a disability. The Employment Specialist also provides transitional support, marketing to employers, and education and support to community organizations.
Education & Experience:
• Degree in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
• 1-2 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities in a vocational setting.
• Experience in adaptive communication techniques information technology.
• Previous experience working with adults with barriers to employment.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and other support programs for adults.
Standard requirements of the Employment Specialist include:
• Criminal Record Check
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Class 5 Driver’s License & vehicle required
• Willing to travel throughout the lower mainland (Vancouver, North & West Vancouver, TriCities and Burnaby)
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English
• Computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
#58 - StickerYou - Redefining Personal Development at Work
About Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA)
Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a non-profit association which supports children and adults with developmental disabilities, enabling them to realize their full potential through ne...Read More