Position Title Employment Placement Specialist Posting Number 01045SA Location See Work Arrangements Grade or Pay Level - Salary Range To be determined Position Type Training Group Contract Employment Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Training Group Start Date 04/01/2021 End Date 03/31/2022 Day of the Week Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays Shift Variable shifts which will include some evenings and Saturdays. Work Arrangements
This posting is for two full-time contract Employment Placement Specialists, one located at WorkBC Langley and the other at the WorkBC Maple Ridge Centre. The anticipated period of the contract will be April 1 2021 to March 31, 2022.
Must be able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Employment Placement Specialists ( EPS ) performs a job development role by supporting clients in job search activities to secure work experiences, training on the job opportunities, volunteer positions and paid employment opportunities. They will initiate and build relationships with employers and source work experience placement opportunities for clients. The EPS will also provide follow up support to clients on the worksite to help clients in their goals of long-term sustainable employment.Responsibilities
• Promote the benefits and employment support services of the WorkBC Langley or WorkBC Maple Ridge Centre programs to employers in targeted industry sectors, the local business community, industry associations, and relevant community agencies;
• Analyze and utilize current local labour market information to source employment opportunities for participants;
• Conduct active program marketing and recruitment activities;
• Coach and support participants as they look for work;
• Assist employers with on boarding and the development of training;
• Provide ongoing guidance, and follow up support and assistance to both employers and clients in volunteer and employment placements;
• Maintain records of participant progress and provide updates through monthly reports and regular team meetings;
• Consistently review client outcomes against performance targets, contributing strategies to ensure program targets are met;
• Initiate, promote, organize and host a wide range of industry/employer events to enhance participant employment opportunities;
• Participate in local business and industry meetings (i.e. Chamber of Commerce);
• Develop strategic relationships with media outlets to maintain regular exposure of the clients;
• Provide assistance in the creation of a strategic marketing plan for the Centre;
• Initiate, develop and source marketing resources for the WorkBC Centre.
Reporting, Tracking and Teamwork Activities:
• Keep detailed records of all participants/employers as required by Douglas College and the Funders. Provide statistics and reports as required;
• Consistently review client outcomes against performance targets, contributing strategies to ensure program targets are met.
• All documentation is entered into ICM as per WorkBC Policy.
• Participate in regular team meetings, and program review sessions as scheduled;
• Foster positive, productive working relationships and work collaboratively to contribute to a positive work environment based on mutual respect.
• Work to Training Group's Quality Management System, ISO9001:2015 standard.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Post-Secondary degree, in an employment services related field or equivalent level of knowledge and experience;
• Certified Career Development Practitioner ( CCDP ) an asset;
• Certificate or diploma in Job Development an asset;
• 2 years demonstrated experience building and maintaining partnerships with employers, community agencies and other stakeholders (Preferred).
• Providing customer service and resolving issues;
• Proven ability to successfully work within a multi-faceted program, and meet targets and deadlines;
• Interpreting and applying policy or legislation;
• Demonstrated knowledge of the labour market in Langley/Maple Ridge and BC;
• A demonstrated ability to exhibit respect for client diversity and partners;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule
• Willingness to travel within the Lower Mainland and the Province of BC;
• Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle;
• Excellent computer skills: MS Office Suite, database entry and the use of online-demand meeting applications and desk-top sharing;
• Satisfactory completion of a criminal record check.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check Yes
Open Date 03/03/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online by March 19. Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. Also please ensure you state in your cover letter a preferred location, Maple Ridge or Langley.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/7012
Education and Training