Are you intrigued by the idea of disruptive innovation? Do you enjoy all aspects of new product design, from proof of concept to production release and support? Do you like working in an environment that is detail oriented yet creative? Are you a team player? Are you flexible? Can you multi-task while still delivering on time?
• Maximizes efficiency and effectiveness of AML’s firmware development practices
• Challenges design solutions, timelines and testing methods of other Engineering team members
• Drives AML towards medium-term differentiation using product firmware
• Accurately scopes firmware projects
• Tests and debugs existing code written by other members of the Engineering team
• Writes and maintains stable, scalable firmware
2. Days ahead / days behind on firmware projects
1. Quantity of unresolved issues / bugs /features on legacy equipment
At AML, every position comes with a scorecard, designed to guide each employee towards what is important. The key metrics for this position are:
8. Ability to interpret hardware designs / schematics and use test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, meters, soldering irons, etc.
7. Understanding of and experience with the full firmware lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug, and maintenance
6. Comfortable initiating constructive - but conflictual - debate to make your point
5. Exposure to and belief in the principles of project management
4. Well versed in ARM processor architecture and tool chains
3. Confident working with existing binary comms protocols as well as rock solid new implementations
2. Extensive experience with real-time operating systems - BSP, PSP as well as ‘bare metal’
1. Strong embedded C/C++ programming skills
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in firmware design for real-time embedded systems.
• Minimum of a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Software Engineering, or a related discipline
Education and Experience Requirements:
Connect with employer:
About AML Oceanographic
AML Oceanographic has clocked average annual growth of more than 20% over the past 5 years. How? We've learned that growth is based on technical innovation combined with product differentiation...