Novax is a Canadian company located on the scenic west coast. We design and manufacture high quality, long lasting and very efficient solid-state electronic traffic control products for the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) market. We offer a complete product line that includes a range of adaptable controller mainframes. In order to develop and offer a new range of highly durable wireless pedestrian and traffic control related products, we are in need of an Embedded Software Engineer who is experienced in designing and implementing software of embedded devices and systems.
1) Lead in the designing, developing, coding, testing and debugging of the embedded software systems for the company’s pedestrian signal and V2X add-ons.
2) Support software QA, optimize I/O performance, and ensure the compatibility between software and devices.
3) Modify code to enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
4) Provide postproduction support, maintenance and troubleshooting services for clients.
5) Analyze client feedback and identify opportunities for service improvement; propose new features or structural changes for the firmware.
6) Integrate and validate new product designs from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
7) Interface with the research and development team and participate in the planning and development of the company’s new product line of intelligent transportation systems.
8) Keep updated with the latest technologies and methodologies in embedded software development.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
1. At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or other related field is required
2. At least 5 years of professional working experience in embedded software development or related roles
3. Proficient in C or C++ and be familiar with Linux development environment
4. Knowledge of real-time operating systems
5. Knowledge of different IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
6. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
#35 - Klue - Culture of Understanding, Trust, & Work-Life Balance