Embedded Software Developer 2 (CARD2018)
Reference ID: %7B80035C9B-A248-43AC-88EF-79CA38517853%7D
Management and Executive
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is currently seeking C programmers in Linux for our product development team. FortiGate is our award winning flagship product, which consolidates security platforms while delivering unmatched performance and protection. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge with TCP/IP, Unix system APIs, and has a strong grasp of sockets. This is a great opportunity to work with Fortinet products while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.
• Hands on bug fixes for the current products
• Development, design and test the software
• Maintain, evaluate, tune and support the implementation of software and firmware products
• Implement new features according to the new feature specifications
• Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing product or new product directions; re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code
• Maintain and document code using source control system
Job Skills Required:
• 2+ years of software development experience in Unix/Linux environment
• Experienced programmer in C/C++, TCP/IP networking, Unix system APIs, Strong grasp of sockets and IPC mechanisms a plus
• Stronghold of C and data structures required
• Experience with network, e.g. IP, TCP, DHCP, WCCP, DNS, routing protocols etc.
• Capable of switching focus in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Proven ability to deliver products with high quality and on time
• Linux kernel experience a plus
• Experience with Python or Perl scripting is a plus
• Bachelor degree of Computer Science, similar degree
Posted: October 25, 2016
Closes:December 10, 2016