Fortinet is currently seeking C programmers in Linux for our FortiGate product. FortiGate is our award winning flagship product, which consolidates security platforms while delivering unmatched performance and protection. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge with TCP/IP, Unix system APIs, and has a strong grasp of sockets. This is a great opportunity to work with Fortinet products while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.Responsibilities:
- Hands on bug fixes for the current FortiGate products.
- Development, design and test the software for FortiGate.
- Maintain, evaluate, tune and support the implementation of software and firmware products.
- Implement new features according to the new feature specifications and TOP3.
- Research, investigate and define new areas of technology to enhance existing FortiGate product or new product directions; re-evaluate the design and implementation of current source code.
- Maintain and document code using source control system.
- Experience in software development (in Unix/Linux environment).
- Working knowledge of C/C++, TCP/IP networking, Unix system APIs, Strong grasp of sockets and IPC mechanisms a plus.
- Strong knowledge of C and data structures required.
- Capable of switching focus in various situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelors degree of Computer Science or similar degree
Software and Programming Information Technology