Who are we?
Mustang Survival has been solving real problems for real heroes on the water, and delivering confidence for over 50 years. Headquartered in British Columbia, Canada, the Mustang Survival Waterlife Studio is a stone’s throw from the water’s edge. We are surrounded by fresh water, a big ocean, and all the weather the Pacific Northwest can throw at us. Our HQ houses a lab to test human physiology and material properties, a product creation shop to craft product concepts, a testing pool to evaluate new ideas (not to mention we are right beside the mighty Fraser River and Pacific Ocean for real-world testing), and a full manufacturing center to carefully craft our marine gear. We are a collective group of people so obsessed with every detail that we control every facet of the product experience and challenge the status quo of how marine gear is designed and built.
What are we looking for?
As the Email Marketing Specialist, you will work closely with the Ecommerce Manager and the Senior Marketing Manager to craft, launch, manage, and report Mustang Survival’s email marketing strategy. You are responsible for creating impactful engagement that resonates at all stages, from lead generation to conversion. You are a growth-minded individual who will innovate our email marketing strategy and other D2C touchpoints. Collaborating at times with the Trades and Event Specialist to support the creation and distribution of B2B communications and other customer-facing content, ensuring alignment with brand standards.
You are a strategic and detail-oriented team player with project management and market research experience. You will also have familiarity with pertinent email automation platforms and performance evaluation software. Championing the brand’s mission to grow awareness, engagement, and conversion, you’ll be helping to drive ROI with a primary focus on the recreational line while also supporting each of the other brand sectors as needed.
What will you be doing?
Grow, Maintain, Segment Email Database
- Crafting drip campaigns and providing strategic and tactical recommendations backed by research and best practices
- Maintaining regular list cleaning/purging cadence, ensuring optimal email deliverability & securing email databases for future campaigns are also key activities for this position
- Driving notable improvement to open and click-through rates by introducing an email list and introduce segmentation strategy.
Innovate the Email Marketing Strategy
- Increasing consumer engagement, raising loyalty, maximizing ROI, and maintaining consumer relationships
- Determining the target audience, creating the distribution schedule, formatting the email content, optimizing layout, and writing error-free product-centered email copy
- Finding the best time for sending emails, experimenting and determining the time when subscribers are most engaged using A/B testing, ensuring emails are mobile-friendly and reviewing past campaign performance.
Build weekly emails and drip campaigns
- Building weekly emails (resources/blog related and featured products)
- Creating on brand conversion driven copy & mobile-friendly emails
- Proofreading & building targeted and personalized emails. Providing cross-functional support & driving the content strategy forward.
- Distributing emails through the use of automation software at various touchpoints (Klaviyo, Shopify, Yotpo).
A/B Testing & Reporting Campaign Performance:
- Execute A/B tests/experiments including, but not limited to, conversion optimization, and executing on the optimization roadmap; and provide actionable insights for email performance optimization
Additional duties including—and not limited to—the following activities:
- Supporting the launch of a gift card offering, loyalty program, & Zendesk
- Collaborate with Customer Care and Digital Marketing teams to ensure the quality and consistency of our end-to-end user journey
- Monitoring product reviews and responding to consumers directly as needed to support building out the consumer engagement piece. Requesting UGC from those who share positive reviews.
- Business Administration or Marketing Degree, Technical Diploma, or equivalent education
- 1 - 2 years’ experience using Klaviyo, Bronto, Mailchimp, Hubspot, Salesforce, or other CRM tools is required
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in an ecommerce or in the field of digital marketing management
- General automation and tool integration know-how
- Prior database management experience and strong analytical background (marketing, sales, business analysis).
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities
- Ability to harness collaboration to produce well-crafted content
- Brainstorm & pitch email marketing ideas and proven experience creating high-impact, unique marketing campaigns
- Excellent project management skills. Can manage time wisely completing daily tactical activities while also moving the strategic plan forward
- Plan, proof, and build emails & ensures fine print reflects sale/promo specifications
- Excellent listening, communication, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to connect with the various people embedded in the organization and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and skills specific to marketing and sales of consumer products.
- Artistically inclined with a strong proficiency in digital design, art direction, and a strong sense of aesthetic and attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare presentations or reports, and strong presentation skills for communicating to a broad audience.
- Proficient in a variety of office equipment, tools, and software including Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
- Good command of the English Language, written and verbal. Able to manage and stay positive in an environment of constant change to help us take bold and strategic moves.
- Diploma in Technical Apparel Design, Clothing and Textiles, or equivalent work experience is considered an asset.
- Experience with Shopify considered a strong asset
Creative and Graphic Design Sales and Marketing Sports and Recreation