Let your career take flight with AEM! We are a leading designer & manufacturer of aircraft communication equipment. We are seeking a Repair Technician II for the Repairs Department. This position entails the troubleshooting and repair of products returned to AEM due to equipment failure. This position may occasionally be relied upon to assist with production, assembling with a high level of sophistication from bare circuit board to final test stage.
In exchange for your strong work ethic and positive attitude, we will offer you:
- a comprehensive benefits package (extended health, vision, dental, health care spending account) after 3 month probationary period
- a defined contribution pension plan (2:1 match) after 1 year of employment
- profit sharing (paid quarterly) after 1 year of employment
- extra paid days off per year after 3 month probationary period
- 1 paid vacation day earned per year (in addition to your starting amount) starting in your 2nd year of employment
- extensive job training with access to our tuition reimbursement program
- enjoyable social activities for employees several times per year
- employer provided lunches when we meet or exceed our targets
- flexible shift start times for most positions
- employee referral program for you to refer your network for a job at AEM
- yummy donuts on Fridays
- a whole lot more!
AEM is a great place to work and we look forward to you joining our team! Apply today!
- Completion of electronics program (such as Electronics Technologist)
- 2 yearsâ€™ experience in electronics repair or 4 years' experience in electronics production
- Soldering skills â€" must have at least basic electronic soldering skills.
- Able to interpret electronics schematics to isolate problem circuitry
- Able to spend extended periods at a work bench and maintain focus on the tasks at hand
- Troubleshoot and repair products returned to AEM by dealers and end users
- Communicate with customers to gather information regarding failures and to keep them/support personnel informed of the status of the repair
- Consult with Product Support, Production and R&D staff to establish possible reasons for equipment failure
- Assist Production and R&D in testing and troubleshooting new products prior to initial delivery
- Prepare and enter information for entry in a PC Database
- Provide input regarding test equipment required to perform the job function
- Provide additional repair information for further analysis for product and process improvements
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Provide feedback on processes to contribute to the departmentâ€™s continuous improvement.
- Corporate Values: Respect, Teamwork, Leadership, Integrity, Commitment, Honesty
- Reading Comprehension â€" comprehend written instructions and technical drawings
- Oral Comprehension â€" understand verbal instructions and training
- Near Vision â€" able to work with small components
- Manual & Finger Dexterity â€" precise and coordinated movements to grasp and assemble parts
- Computer Skills â€" able to use tablet or desktop computer to enter and retrieve information, learn new software quickly
- Quality â€" strive to eliminate errors, prioritize accurate work, attention to detail
- Dependability â€" meet deadlines, work independently, accountable, maintain focus, punctual, good attendance record
- Organization Skills - information organized and accessible, maintains efficient work space, manages time well
- Problem Solving - Strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations
We thank all applicants and will contact those who have been selected for an interview. How to Apply http://www.aem-corp.com/about-us/careers/current-openings