Job Description Summary
Are you looking to use your electrical engineering experience in a state of the art biotech manufacturing facility with continued growth? This is a very unique opportunity for engineers that want to grow their technical skills within the largest Canadian biotech company and with a global scope.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will add continuous value as the subject matter expert in electrical engineering for internal stakeholders. This is a key role for the company as you will represent STEMCELL with company design solutions.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Qualifications
- Support the development of electrical engineering designs and specifications for facility renovations, and new construction projects, and collaborate with external engineers in the development of electrical solutions that satisfy user group requirements
- Review and comment on construction documents and contractor submittals
- Improve the performance of the existing automation and control systems
- Assist in facility operational projects including internal customer coordination and external contractor interfacing and coordination
- Support facility maintenance and reliability teams to improve quality of work by conducting quality control of electrical and related systems throughout construction and commissioning, and support asset management objectives
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering with P. Eng certification and ideally 6-10 years in electrical/electronics design and consulting
- Knowledge of electrical design software applications, electrical installation safety, and understanding of Canadian electrical code
- Strong communication and personal time management skill, and ability to work in a team environment
- General knowledge of ISO and GMP regulations is an asset
- Understanding of electrical drawing packages based on the applicable codes, standards and client specifications, automation control systems including VFD, PLC and HMI operation, and programming and BMS/EMS operation and interconnections
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.