- Electrical design of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems for industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal sectors
- Technical calculations and software use for lighting analyses, load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design
- On-site electrical research, construction audits, field reviews
- Writing detailed and concise technical reports, feasibility studies, proposals, including written responses and instructions as required during all project phases
- Conducting all tasks in cooperation with internal clients and other engineering disciplines
- Managing and enhancing client relationships
- EIT designation is required
- Membership or eligibility for membership in the Association of Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (EGBC)
- 2 - 4 years experience designing electrical systems for buildings, industrial facilities including power distribution, lighting, life safety and communications
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and contracts, often with demanding timelines
- Additional experience in Institutional (schools, data centers, prisons), Transportation (maintenance facilities), Health Care (hospitals, laboratories), and Commercial (office buildings, retail) is very desirable
- Experience creating tender document packages with drawings and specifications
- Excellent working knowledge of BIM/REVIT is a must plus knowledge of AutoCAD
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and clients
- A "can do" attitude, ability to work in a team environment
- Good initiative, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Reputation for meeting or exceeding expectations
Expected Salary (all locations): $53 900 - $91 700
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.