is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER The Opportunity:
Working collaboratively, several of our groups are partnering to deliver some of the most historic, cutting-edge Buildings projects. We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer-in-Training (EIT), to join our Buildings Mechanical & Electrical team in the Vancouver, BC office. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Electrical design of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems for industrial, network cable and communications room infrastructure, commercial, institutional and municipal sectors
• Technical calculations and software use for lighting analyses, load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design
• On site electrical research, construction audits, field reviews
• Writing detailed and concise technical reports, feasibility studies, proposals, including written responses and instructions as required during all project phases
• Conducting all tasks in cooperation with internal clients and other engineering disciplines
• Managing and enhancing client relationships
• Other duties as assigned/required. What you'll bring to WSP ...
• EIT designation is required
• Membership or eligibility for membership in the Association of Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (EGBC)
• 2 - 4 years' experience designing electrical systems for buildings, industrial facilities including power distribution, lighting, life safety and communications
• Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and contracts, often with demanding timelines
• Additional experience in Institutional (schools, data centres, prisons, DND, and public works sites), Security System design, Transportation (maintenance facilities), Network Infrastructure design, Health Care (hospitals, laboratories), and Commercial (office buildings, retail) is very desirable
• Experience creating tender document packages with drawings and specifications
• Excellent working knowledge of BIM/REVIT is a must plus knowledge of AutoCAD
• Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and clients
• A "can do" attitude, able to work in a team environment
• Good initiative, attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Reputation for meeting or exceeding expectations
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Junior (3 - 5 years)
Education and Training Engineering