We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer who specializes in Healthcare Building design to join our team in the Vancouver, BC office. Working collaboratively, several of our groups are partnering to deliver some of the most historic, cutting-edge Healthcare Buildings projects across Western Canada.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for taking design projects from start to finish
- Applying a high level of technical and professional electrical engineering and consulting expertise while offering leadership to members of the design team
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the output of the design meets the established project criteria and all applicable standards
- Responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as mandated by clients and the Electrical Engineering Manager. The work environment is of high volume, offering a range of project complexities and requires a high level of responsibility
- Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantity and cost estimates
- Responsible for ensuring that the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Develop standards related to our electrical engineering practice, ensuring best practices for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building construction
- Utilize industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis
- Prepare reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required
- Manage all aspects associated with contract administration and client services monitoring
- When necessary, become involved with a variety of agencies for project approvals and permitting
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalency.
- 6+ years of experience in consulting electrical design engineering for buildings in the Healthcare sector (with preference for Acute Care and Long Term Care projects).
- Professional membership or eligibility for membership with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC).
- LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are considered assets.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, electrical design software, and experience with AutoCAD drafting are required. Proficiency with Revit is considered an asset.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.