is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VICTORIA
WSP is currently seeking an Electrical CAD/BIM Technician to join our Mechanical & Electrical Department, located at our Victoria office. Reporting to the M&E Production Manager, this position will be responsible for the technical work including drafting, modelling and system calculations for various projects in the commercial, industrial, healthcare, educational and light industrial sectors. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reporting directly to the Production Manager
• Working in a team environment
• Taking responsibility for project assignments
• Communicating effectively with the design team
• Reliably and promptly responding to clients' needs
• Understanding and practicing safe work procedures
• Working on a wide range of project assignments within the electrical buildings field, including power distribution, lighting, life safety, data and communications.
• Preparing system calculations utilizing industry standard load and lighting analysis software
• Preparing project documentation utilizing industry standard CAD and BIM software
• Following established quality assurance and quality control processes
• Coordinating designs with architects and other engineering consultants
• Ensuring that drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards QUALIFICATIONS
• Technical college degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
• 2 - 5 years of experience in electrical design engineering for buildings is required
• Proficiency and comprehensive working knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT and Microsoft Office are required. Proficiency with AGI or ETAP is considered an asset.
• Comprehensive understanding of building construction and building electrical system.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Construction, Mining and Trades