Redbrick is hiring an Editor in Chief to create the strategy, content direction, and overall vision for the Digital Entrepreneur brand!
The big picture: At Redbrick, a parent company to innovative software, we're focused on supporting digital entrepreneurs as they start, grow, and scale a business. We currently reach over 850,000 people via newsletters within each of our portfolio companies. We're looking for a talented Editor in Chief to launch our new media brand and newsletter that leverages our existing reach and highlights the people, resources, and stories of entrepreneurs as they navigate digital businesses.
Why it matters: Our audience trusts our software to grow their business-now, we want to build a resource that will expand their vision. This role is key to shaping the ideation, strategy, and launch of our new media brand. The type of content and how we deliver it will be paramount to the success of Digital Entrepreneur (digitalentrepreneur.com) .
Redbrick is headquartered on the traditional Coast Salish territory, and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and WSÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and care for this beautiful land.
One thing that our team members say they value most is our fun and truly 'people-first' culture. Ours is a place where you're given the autonomy to do your best work and provided with all the tools and support you need to do so. Here are some of the things our team loves most about working at Redbrick:
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive vacation, healthcare & benefits, including generous RRSP matching
- People-first culture that prioritizes fun
- Autonomy and freedom to do your best work on your own terms (you won't find any micromanagers here!)
- Flexibility to work remotely
- State-of-the-art and centrally located offices (Victoria & Minneapolis)
- Remote work fund to create a successful home working setup
- Opportunities to work on interesting products
- High-end hardware and equipment - in the office and at home
- Opportunities to learn and grow through professional development support, funding, and mentorship
- Internal mobility; the opportunity to work with various products and teams across the Redbrick portfolio of companies
- Employer-sponsored financial wellness program
- Monthly fitness reimbursements & and annual bike-to-work reimbursements to support a healthy and active lifestyle
Redbrick is the parent organization of a portfolio of disruptive digital companies. Headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, we've scaled from local start-up to global name in a few short years, conceptualizing new business ideas, acquiring established companies, and growing them to super-scaled profitability - all thanks to the people we hire.
4 portfolio companies and growing
1 amazing shared service team
"I've learned and grown so much since working at Redbrick. Collaborating with a diverse portfolio of companies means there is never a lack of variety in the work. The team is full of amazing, supportive people whom I truly enjoy spending time with. I appreciate how Redbrick values work-life balance, so I can enjoy life and pursue external interests without ever feeling burnt out."
- Amee, Redbrick
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we provide our team with the freedom and flexibility to work where they work best. Most of our team enjoys a blend of remote and in-office work. In-office time brings many perks, and we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You need to know what you're signing up for before you sign up, right? As Editor in Chief at Redbrick you will:
- Create the strategy, content direction, and overall vision for the Digital Entrepreneur brand.
- Collaborate with Shared Services to develop the branding, design assets, website, newsletters, and social media strategy to ensure the launch of the brand is timely and a success.
- Brainstorm and deliver original online media content that's relevant to a community of digital entrepreneurs.
- Leverage our existing email pool by ideating, planning, and writing a regular newsletter for our Digital Entrepreneur brand.
- Develop a marketing plan and explore new content strategies to expand our newsletter audience, draw readership to our media site, and allow us to scale operations.
- Build our content base from the ground up, leading the planning for a short and long-term content calendar
- Review audience data, performance metrics, and conten t engagement to guide the editorial direction or Digital Entrepreneur.
After 1 week
- You will be introduced to our design, marketing, and shared service team as well as our portfolio of brands
- You will begin building a rapport with your direct reports and team
- You will have completed your first task
After 1 month
- You will be familiar with our brands and initiatives
- You will have started to build a content strategy for Digital Entrepreneur
After 6 months
- You will feel confident in your role, have a strong understanding of key objectives and how you will achieve them
- You will have launched digitalentrepreneur.com from ideation to completion
- You will have a strong rapport with your direct team, as well as with designers, directors, marketers, and developers from our portfolio companies
What we would like to see in you.
Every Redbricker has three things in common: We're curious, hungry, and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Editor in Chief with Redbrick, there are extra specialties we're on the lookout for:
- Bachelor's in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field; or equivalent related professional experience.
- Extensive writing and editing experience in an editorial/newsroom environment with a print or digital publication
- Proven experience as a leader of a publication, managing, editing, and marketing complex content projects
- Strong and diverse knowledge of content relevant to growing digital publications, and a track record of success writing and editing with online publications
- A love of newsletters, having written them or been part of a team that has grown one
- Solid understanding of entrepreneurship and digital marketing and tools
- A growth mindset with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong digital literacy, especially familiar with tools like Slack, ESPs, Asana, CMSs, Mixpanel
If you're picking up what we're putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3. Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your website or portfolio. Please apply directly through this link: https://rdbrck.bamboohr.com/careers/210 Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you'd be a good fit for our team. Be sure to follow us on Facebook , Linkedin , Twitter , and Instagram for all that is happening at Redbrick!
Redbrick is committed to creating a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong. Images Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level
Sales and Marketing