The Game Economy Designer will contribute to the evolution of our existing titles and design our in-game economy to make our worlds feel even better. You're a Free2Play economist who continuously balances and fine tunes our games through defining metrics and implementing those to make data-driven decisions to enhance our players experience.
Why this Role is Made for You:
You March to a Different Beat
You're not looking for a job, you're looking for a team that will empower, challenge, and enable you to exercise your creative and analytical muscle as an economy designer.
You're in the Driver's Seat
As an 'accountant' for the game, you're a ninja with numbers, a spreadsheet slayer and game balancing wizard. You're an experienced designer that can take an idea and drive it forward. You create visions that define core game loops, design features and understand the player to know what they want.
Our Culture - Happy Life, Happy Hippo.
We care about making great games because we love games and are rewarded for our hard work in spades. Our benefits and working vibe encourage and allow you to live your dreams in Kelowna: an affordable, picturesque, and diverse city, only an hour flight from Vancouver, BC Canada.
Our next Economy Designer will have:
- Designed and prototyped features for Mobile Free2Play games.
- Experience releasing new features and content during live services.
- Utilized analytics and to provide actionable recommendations.
- A deep understanding of mobile players' behaviours, latest business model trends and being proactive in sharing knowledge with peers.
- The ability to contribute in a highly creative environment, providing unique concepts & solutions
- Agility & flexibility to keep on top of moving schedules & deadlines.
- Strong work ethic - utilizing your analytical side before unleashing your creativity.
You'll Bring to Hyper Hippo:
- 2+ years balancing economies as a game designer - you know all best practices.
- Great understanding of games, economy, balance, game design, game mechanics, as well as story and character design.
- Knows what it takes to make an amazing player experience.
- Understands humour, and how to weave it into game design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with user acquisition, player retention, engagement, monetization and how to translate analytics into actionable game features and balancing game economies.
- Understanding of micro-transactions, F2P core game loops and pinch points.
- Up to speed with trends in mobile gaming.
- Strong mathematical abilities and mad spreadsheet balancing skills.
- Idle game experience or interest is a HUGE plus.
Every Hippo is an entrepreneur. Here at Hyper Hippo you - yes, YOU - are the master of your destiny and the creative expert of your domain. Say goodbye to the days of meeting after meeting and embrace the chance to own and be accountable for your success. How to Apply
Please send your resume & a cover letter to email@example.com
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019