Move, Inc. and realtor.com is looking for a Data Analyst in the Economic Research team with very strong analytic and problem solving ability, skills to extract information from large data files and provide insightful information to business audiences. The purpose of this role will be to construct, blend and analyze housing, economic, and demographic data and deliver insights to the team. The role will report directly to the Manager of Economic Research.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Economic Research team to extract and visualize key trends impacting residential real estate, blending Move’s proprietary data as well as data from the National Association of Realtors, government, and relevant demographic and economic third-party sources.
- Build, maintain and automate local and national market outlook views and reports
- Maintain and evolve the design and flow of the economic data sandbox
- Design and streamline processes for data blending and automation to enable the research team
- Support the roadmap and building blocks for economic insights and data products
- Create and maintain analytical and visual content on research.realtor.com
- Collaborate on projects with internal business intelligence and analytics teams
- Create automated analytical content for realtor.com and social media
- Develop and conduct complex analyses and communicate results
- Collaborate with internal data journalists and data scientists on topical research projects
- Deliver results under time constraints
- Drive ideas for future analyses and technology
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, economics or a related area.
- 1-3 years of experience in data analysis and economic research, or demonstrated experience through internships
- Comfort manipulating, blending and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Strong SQL, RDBS, ETL and data architecture skills a must
- Experience with AWS S3 and Redshift a must
- Knowledge of big data and NoSQL preferred (Google BigQuery, Hadoop)
- Advanced knowledge of reporting/analytics tools such as Tableau or Microstrategy required.
- Experience with MDX OLAP and SSAS & SSIS preferred.
- Experience in statistical modeling with context of data discovery, data analysis, and machine learning.
- Experience in the research, development, and support of data visualization techniques and analytics.
- Expertise in visually representing complex information in an actionable and impactful way.
- Good understanding of housing metrics and economic factors impacting the industry.
- Able to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, dynamic, and often fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative / team-based approach.
- Strong mathematical, analytic and problem solving ability.
- Experience working with Census, Nielsen or similar demographic data preferred
- Work or project experience in housing industry desired.
- Must-know: Great command over crosstabs, data parsing, floating calculations, pivot tables, lookup tables, roll-ups, or familiarity with a software which has pivot like features (i/.e., Tableau)
- Comfortable with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint; ability to create and present
- Thirst to learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage tasks/projects to required deadlines in a changing environment.
Posted: September 19, 2016
Closes:November 18, 2016