ECON 30R - Manager and Senior Economist Position Classification
Economist R30 Union
GEU Work Options
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$88,152.35 - $100,665.30 annually plus 6.6% TMA Close Date
6/1/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Health Ministry Branch / Division
PAW Job Summary Bring your leadership skills to this professional and results-focused environment
The Primary Care division (PCD) collaborates with its health system partners to improve and change the way primary care services are delivered in B.C. The division is responsible for setting provincial strategy and policy direction to achieve a high functioning primary health care system that meets the needs of all in B.C. PCD leads reforms to support primary care as the foundation of an integrated system of person-and family-centred, full-service, community-based care with a focus on improving attachment and access to evidence-based primary care services.
The Manager and Senior Economist is responsible for leading economic and statistical analyses including providing expertise in the development of methodologies and modeling, the coordination and integration of statistical information to support the Ministry and strategic planning and monitoring of the provincial health care system.Job Requirements:
*Recent relevant experience must include:
- Master's Degree in Economics or closely related field such as statistics, commerce, or mathematics and a minimum of 2 years of recent relevant experience*.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics or closely related field such as statistics, commerce, or mathematics and a minimum of 4 years of recent relevant experience*.
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- Experience analyzing complex problems.
- Experience developing applied statistical modeling and conducting and leading major statistical/economic studies and research projects of considerable complexity.
- Experience in coding.
- Experience preparing written reports and providing expert advice and recommendations to senior management and executive.
- Comprehensive statistical research experience, preferably related to healthcare or public health issues.
- Experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams of staff and contractors from initiation to project completion and evaluation.
- Experience in the health sector.
- Experience in the use of data visualizations to present key information
For questions regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
.About this Position:
This position can be based in any of the following Ministry of Health offices: Victoria, Vancouver.
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home up to 5 days a week as per the Telework Agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Finance, Policy, Research and Economics
Banking, Finance and Insurance