Early Palliative Integration into Cancer Care (EPICC) Coordinator Radiation Oncology, BC Cancer Prince George BC What you'll do
What you bring
- Actively support the planning, development, implementation, education, evaluation and quality improvement activities of the EPICC pilot project by collaborating with the EPICC Project Manager, project team and center staff, ensuring adherence to project protocols and timelines and in accordance to the EPICC project charter.
- Collaborate with center staff to identify and analyze information and knowledge related to current workflows and implement related workflow changes.
- Guide the establishment of pilot participants/patients, lead in troubleshooting implementation issues related to staff, education and/or technology. Lead staff with the dissemination of information and education related to pilot implementation.
- Work in collaboration with the inter-professional health care, attend meetings and in-services, review team policies and procedures, and provide input/recommendations to manager and/or other team members regarding efficiencies of processes/procedures in relation to work duties with a view to ensuring streamlined, effective client/family centered practices.
- Assist in the development and collection of project evaluation indicators. Contribute to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies, and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Nursing plus a minimum of one (1) year recent related experience participating in quality improvement initiatives or experience in a project, administrative or business support role in a health, social services, government or community organization.
You have the:
What we bring
- Organizational skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with others.
- Computer skills.
- The ability to work under time constraints.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Temporary, Part-Time (Until March 31, 2023,0.5FTE)
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1215 Lethbridge Street, Prince George, V2M 7E9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Tue, Wed, Thu, Rotating, Week 1: Tuesday-Thursday / Week 2: Tuesday, Wednesday; 0730 - 1530, 0800 - 1600, 0830 - 1630, or as operationally required.
Requisition Number: 113839 What we do
BC Cancer provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BC Cancer are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of September 7, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.